Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Troopers

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Super Troopers

I can't remember (or find) an old thread about this movie. If there is one, I apologize and feel free to merge them.

I never saw anything about this movie other than a poster, so I had no strong desire to see it. Especially when the blurb on the front of the DVD is a quote from those potty mouthed paragons of class over at Aintitcoolnews. But a buddy of mine at work lent me his brother's copy and assured me it was a funny film. I graciously took it and let it languish on my bookcase for the better part of a week before deciding he probably want's it back, so I should suffer through it and give it back to him.

So I sat down last night and "suffered" through it. It was a funny film. Really funny. I don't know why, but there's something about empty syrup bottles clipping Vermont cops in the noggin that makes me giggle at the absurdity of it all. Now I have to keep it a few days longer so I can watch the running commentary. I'm torn on whether to buy it or not. But I'll definitely be on the lookout for these guys' next project. Broken Lizard?

Anyway, it's a funny flick and you should at least rent it and check it out.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I liked it.
    Nothing spectacular, but it at least had a different feel to it, and some of the jokes were great.
    If I'm not mistaken, the main girl in this movie is also in Freddy Got Fingered, so take that however you will (that's a positive for me ).

"We're goin' to Mexico ! "

The first 15 min. are the best!! It was soo funny!!

I thought it was funnier than I was expecting.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

i think this movie is hysterical! my friend and i will say "let's watch the beginning of supertroopers again..." and end up watching the whole thing... oh, man...

littering and... littering and... littering and... littering and...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

"Meow do you know fast you were going?"
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Did you just say "Meow"?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Why would I say something like meow? This is serious meow.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

am i jumping all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?

AM I DRINKING MILK FROM A SAUCER???

meow, i'm gonna have to give you a ticket for this...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Meow, have a nice day.
    MEOW!

Do you boys like MEXICO?!?!

I was dying it was so funny. Those first 15 min. I was literally ROLLING on the floor.
    May the force be with you.