View Poll Results: How many figures of Padme Amidala do you hope to see made in the near future?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll
  • All her unproduced outfits from TPM and AOTC

380 53.60%
  • Most of her outfits from AOTC

81 11.42%
  • A few of the important outfits from AOTC

189 26.66%
  • I'm not interested in seeing more figures of Padme

59 8.32%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by AdmiralPiett

I always find myself agreeing with you, TylerD. This chick is HOT!!! She should have a figure made of her in every one of those outfits.

Some of you guys mentioned the deleted scene where Padme is in the blue outfit that was previewed in the trailer. I'm glad that it's not only me that noticed the deleted scenes in those trailers. I downloaded that first trailer (the one that was supposedly only on the official site for about 20 minutes before they yanked it) and I noticed a bunch of jedi running from left to right on the screen on what looked like a grassy field and there was also an Imperial Shuttle flying over what I believe is Coruscant. I mean, from the trailer it looked like a very different movie than what we got in the theater. Can anyone tell me what happened to these scenes?
    Piett
    That was a fake trailer that was fan-made but quite popularized. There was never a Jedi strike force sent to Naboo comparable to the size of the one sent to Geonosis.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised that there isn't more support for ALL of her unproduced outfits.

From TPM, the handmaiden is a sure seller. If it's generic enough looking, I'll buy probably around 20 of them, for Padme's 5 handmaidens that are often seen with her in dioramas I'd be doing.

The Ceremony one goes with the Anakin Naboo figure (child-padwan).

The purple on I have reservations about: She must have some sort of softgoods to let her sit in the Royal Starship's throne chair! I don't like figures with "flat-butts" like Emperor Palpatine from the Final Jedi Duel 3-pack. It looks cool, but if you can get a real figure to look that good, then it's earned its value.

The pre-and-post Senate figures are ranked the least priority from TPM figures, but I'd like to have them as well.

In AOTC, perhaps the white is Padme's "dress uniform." She was already wearing her gun, before she knew she was going to Geonosis. If Tuskens were a threat at the funeral, 1) Anakin couldn't have killed them all in that area & 2) Cliegg, Owen, and Beru would also be armed at the funeral (they were not). Remember US Marines' dress uniforms? In "A Few Good Men" Colonel Markinson wears a gun with his dress uniform. A Marine's gear is more elaborate than this particular outfit of Padme's, but maybe that's all she had to bring to Tatooine on such short notice as when Anakin told her he was taking off to go save his Mom.

I totally disagree about the nightgown figure. It's incredibly important to the scene, regardless of whether it is exciting or not. She could also be packaged with the Assassin Droid as an accessory. Or maybe this droid could actually carry and release the cohounas (alien assassin bugs). Then she'd be a seller!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't know, a woman in her nightgown for a boy's action figure line? That right there is enough to make some high ranking Hasbro execs pretty squeamish. Not to mention parent's groups who seem to jump on anything that seems risque.

I wasn't denying the importance of that figure, since that is my favorite look for Padme in the film (not as stuffy as most of her other outfits). I just don't think we'll see that one while Hasbro holds the liscense.

We need all of them!
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Originally posted by Tycho
    Meanwhile, I'm surprised that there isn't more support for ALL of her unproduced outfits.
    These are still "action figures", not fashion dolls. Leia had tons of action sequences so most of her outfits make sense in action figure form, but for Padme she has a lot of "stand there in a new outfit and say a few lines" clothes, I really don't think all of them are worthy of action figureness.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What JT said.

Personally, there are many other characters who I would like to see made into action figures before we get any more Padmes (ROTJ Skiff Guards for one ), so if all of Padme's outfits are never made then I really wouldn't care. To be perfectly honest though all I need is a really good resculpt of her Ep1 Senatorial Gown and her Ep2 Geo Arena outfit (which I have heard we are getting next year) and I will be content on Padmes until the release of Ep3. Just the most notable outfit from each film is all I need.

I agree with what JediTricks and BigBarada said about the line being intended for boys toys and 'action figures.'

But I also agree with Stillakid, that all of Padme's wardrobe should be produced.

There's a significant amount of people who buy Star Wars figures out there who are collectors - that is they like a variety and they don't play with these. A well sculpted character of a Skiffguard can suit them just as well as Luke Skywalker. Padme's even a main-character.

A smaller portion of collectors, are diorama builders - the category I definitely fit in.

We'll buy these figures of non-action Padme's to put in scenes with our other characters from Palpatine, to C-3PO and the hopefully produced Cliegg, Owen, and Beru group.

The Fans' Choice figures are good ones to gauge the whole scene by: #1 Duro, is sitting in stores. #2 Amanaman is as well. We'll see how #3 Ephont Mon does. It seems like everyone here will buy him. I also think it's possible that all of you own Amanaman and the Duro, while the figure STILL warms the pegs at stores. They seem to support JediTricks and BigBarada's arguments. They're not "action figures" like CloneTroopers are.

But there's one more element to factor in: female action figure collectors. For some, either this is the only way they can get girls, or it is actually girls that go and collect these particular figures too, or whatever (I'll leave it to your imagination), but some collect all female action figures. They might be rather unusual individuals too.

There are main character collectors, I'd almost forgotten. So there are a lot of ways these could sell.

And after Slave Leia was marketed, I think Padme in a full body nightgown would not be controversial. Next time around, a figure of Padme PREGNANT might cause more of a stir. Yet this is a realistic possibility and an extrememly important plot element to Star Wars.

Well, we'll see what happens with that, as well as how Ephont Mon sells.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well since the worry is that "Nightgown Padme" won't sell very well, make her a Fan Club exclusive 2-Pack. That way they can put "Bedtime shirtless Anakin" in with her, and people that want both of those versions can get them from the Fan Club.

They could even as Tycho said before, include Padme's robe as removable soft goods, and Anakin's baggy shirt that he wears on Naboo on the balcony as soft goods as well. That way Hasbro still makes them, and doesn't take "valuable space" away in the regular line up for 2 figures that some people don't care for.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Or package her with an assassin droid that can actually release the poisonous creatures from a tube, like I said before. - Instant Deluxe Figure (probably doesn't need to be Deluxe though).

Originally posted by JediTricks
    These are still "action figures", not fashion dolls. Leia had tons of action sequences so most of her outfits make sense in action figure form, but for Padme she has a lot of "stand there in a new outfit and say a few lines" clothes, I really don't think all of them are worthy of action figureness.
    Well, s**t, if that's the basis for what gets made and what doesn't then we should be forced to return half of what's been made so far. Practically every alien in any of the films, particularly in the Cantina and Jabba's Palace, several characters in both the Republic and the Empire, as well as good ol' *****-heh Sack-ool. What did the Chancellor in TPM ever do? He stood there and talked for a minute, then kind of slumped over for a second. Why is there justification for that figure and not Lingerie-Amidala? At least she stands up takes two steps and turns her head back to Ani. If we're measuring action, she burns at least twice the calories that the Chancellor does in about half the time.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why some figures are made and others are over-made (a billion resculpts and still counting). Aside from improvements in the design and manufacturing technology that can offer better articulation and detail, there shouldn't be any reason to spend significant amounts of time doing endless resculpts of already released figures. In short, do it right the first time for cryin' out loud. How many Qui Gon's do we really need? He had one freakin' outfit. How many Tatooine Luke's from ANH were released? Same problem.

That time is better spent on those figures that have yet to be released, whether it be Skiff Guards or Amidala Outfit versions. To settle for anything less is just making excuses.

Tycho, I like the idea of a pregnant Padme from Episode III. Then we'd also get another figure of Luke & Leia included with her! (with removable soft good huggies)