Perfect AOTC Yoda.

LEGS!!! (with 4 points of articulation in them)
    Elbow & Wrist articulation (made so that he can hold his lightsaber with both hands, and do his Bruce Lee pose)
    4 points of shoulder articulation
    Soft Goods Jedi Robe
    Repulsorlift floating Chair

What else guys?

You want 4 points of articulation in little thin bird legs? Not going to happen. Seriously, the parts would be so small that not only would the joints likely break or grow weak so that the figure couldn't stand up, it's an impossible wish.

The wrist ariculation and cut joints at the elbows would probably be ok. But the legs are an impossible wish. Just make him similar to the vintage figure that had seperate legs. Give him a soft goods robe so that he can be put in a seated position and your fine.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

A forward back motion on the neck as well as rotational would be good so you can have him look up at the taller figures.
    legs definately but not with molded fabric like the vintage one, proper Yoda alien legs jointed at the hips underneath a soft rubber or fabric robe.
    Ball jointed shoulders yeah, wrist joints yeah, hoverpod yeah, soft goods outer robe definately.
    force lightning, cane, lightsaber.

That would make me supremely happy in a Yoda figure - any Yoda figure. If hasbro put all that into a decent Yoda and gave it extra space in cases so everyone could get it I'd be happy. If they did that with a Jedi child pack in I'd be over the moon. The child wouldn't need much articulation, just a removable helmet and a small lightsaber and training remote seeker ball on a clear stand. Make it two Jedi kids and call it a deluxe set.

Battle Droid, do you remember how tall Master Yoda is? Some neat little points of articulation would be nice, but I'm not going to complain. I love AOTC Yoda!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

As for articulation, two separate legs and the ball-joint neck (like Bespin Chewie and Flashback Luke) are the only points that needed to be added from what we have now. Four point leg and shoulder articulation for a figure barely over an inch tall is, quite simply, impossible.

Cloth outer robe and a single piece lightsaber would be all that would really matter to me. His hoverchair and Jedi Council Chair would make good accessories.

Yoda holding saber with two hands!