Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Sunshine

Hybrid View

Mario Sunshine

Has anyone picked this up yet?

It's an excellent game. It has been forever since I played a Mario game, and I was craving one pretty bad.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes platform games. The graphics are nothing to get excited about, but the gameplay is classic, just like all of the other Mario games.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Yes the game is fun (overall) but this game is gonna make you buy a new controller when you're done. The camera is so clumbsy. You'll be running straight then all of a sudden the camera gets too close to an object and next thing you know you're running off a cliff because of the camera changing views all of a sudden. I've been playing the game for almost a month now and it still ticks me off. Besides that it is pretty fun BUT it is also very short. The shortest Mario game that I can remember in a long while. I expected ALOT more since we had to wait such a long time for it.

I'm going ot wait before I buy it if I do even end up getting it. Nintendo promised a lot with this game and it seems as though not all was delivered.

JediDan, IMO that's exactly the same problem with Mario 64. Thanks for the 411 on that, I'll be avoiding this one like the plague.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually the problem of the view has been greatly improved from Mario 64, you can move the view anywhere with the yellow joystick. It doesn't have the limitation that 64 did.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I don't see that as a major problem.

I have more problems with the camera angles in this than I did in Mario 64. Although you can adjust it more, Mario 64 had a button you could hold that would always keep the camera focused ahead of you. You have to keep pressing it on the Gamecube.

All that aside, it is still a great game. I only have 26 shines so far. Still a little ways to go. I am enjoying it very much.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The camera really isn't that big an issue. You soon get so used to slight adjustments, you don't even notice that you are doing it. There has been only one level were I found the camera to be so bad that it was intrusive to the gameplay (for those that have the game, I'm referring to the level in the theme park where you have to get to the top of the ferris wheel). It's a great game. It's easily worth the money, you'll get a ton of gameplay from it.

**Edit: I forgot to mention...I have 66 shines.

Dang I only have like 17!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Rhett and I just rented this game and we were very disappointed in it. Nintendo is letting Microsoft dominate the console industry by doing stupid things like letting RARE go. Microsoft got picked up RARE pretty much on the same day Nintendo let 'em go.

As much as I hate Microsoft I think they're a lot better that Nintendo now.