Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wink I don't even read the books, but......

these I would read!

Tales from Jabba's Palace Part 2 - Basically picking up where ROTJ left off and tell the stories of several obscure Jabba's Palace aliens after the death of their master/enslaver/assasination target. I thought the first Tales from Jabba's Palace book was very interesting and am kind of hungry for more of that kind of thing, only without the burden of all those boring main characters (y'know Luke, Han, Leia....them).
    OR
    Focus one the same time frame as the first book, but cover all the aliens we didn't hear about the first time around: Kithaba, Wooof, Hermi Odle, Pote Snitkin and more of the skiff guards. I thought it was kind of lame how all the Skiff Guards just kind of got lumped together into other stories (Barada had to share his tale with Weequay, Tessek and Ephant Mon; then there was the generic first person Skiff Guard story.).

Tales from the Jedi Temple - Simply a Jedi Temple version of the Tales... books. I was thinking about making it the Tales of the Jedi Council, but then we would be limited to just the 14 JC members we have seen in the last two films. By opening it up to cover the entire Jedi Temple we can have stories about other Jedi seen in the Arena Battle (especially the Klatooinian Jedi), Jocasta Nu, even the Jedi Younglings. Now tell me that doesn't have the potential to be a great book.

Tales of Mos Espa - Can you tell I really liked the Tales.... books? This one would cover stories that could include, Watto, Kitster, Wald, Shmi, any generic Mos Espa citizen or even some of the Podracers. I think it could be pretty cool if handed over to some capable writers.

That's it for now.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Tales from Red/Rogue Squadron- Stories of courage about the fighter jockeys who sacrificed themselves to blow up the first Death Star. Or help the Alliance escape from Hoth.

Tales of the Sith - I would love to delve into the past of Sidious. Where did he come from? Who was his master? or Dooku? Why did he decide to leave the Jedi? What is his connection to Sifo-Dyas? maybe show us a glimpse of his early days with young Qui-Gon Jinn. Or Maul? What's his story? Maybe even an untold Vader story. This book would answer A LOT of questions, which means it probably won't get written.

Tales of the Cellblock - Oh yeah! Sly Wiley, Deckard Smith, CrotchBats, the story possibilities are ENDLESS!

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Illustrated Star Wars Universe 2 - more delvings into the beautiful SW illustrations by Ralph McQuarrie and others, hoping planet to planet with a different spin on the "insider view" of that universe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Action Figure Archive 2- Everything since the first book. Episode 1, POTJ, and SAGA, and maybe even a few comparisons of multiple resculpts from the vintage up thru today.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Star Wars Chronicles part 2 - adding all the special edition info and EVERY promo shot of all three films. There was a lot left out of the first one. A lot of inaccuracies too, the book listed Kithaba and Barada as the same character. Who do they get to write these books? Monkeys? On crack?

Star Wars Chronicles part 3 - this one would cover the prequels and be chock full every photo of ever character. Best to wait until after Ep3 though.

I like the idea of a second Action Figure Archive, EP. Sansweet says that he will make a new version if there is a demand for it. Ummm, of course there is a demand for it! Most people just assume that an author will finish what he started.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Arrow

I could see the X-Wing novels going back in time to cover Rogue Squadron's earliest days, or the pre-Death Star I rebel pilots.

My choices?
    Tales of (yes, there is a love of Tales of... books here! Tatooine Telling of Biggs, Tank, Deek (sp?), Camie, Gavin, Owen, Beru, etc.

The rest of my ideas need E3 to come out first, or we'll be swimming in corrections and retractions.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Tales of the Ewoks! Featuring the tale of how Teek single-handedly defeated the Empire!

Seriously, a Tales from the Trilogy might be interesting, with lots of characters from all over the series.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tales of the Sith would be a very interesting book. Though I imagine Dooku's leaving the Jedi Order and becoming a Sith Lord will be covered over the next few years.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Tales from the Unknown Regions - I'm sure Thrawn and his expeditionary forces in that region had some interesting encounters. Another title would be, Tales of Thrawn...
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Big Barada writes:

Tales from the Jedi Temple - Simply a Jedi Temple version of the Tales... books. I was thinking about making it the Tales of the Jedi Council, but then we would be limited to just the 14 JC members we have seen in the last two films. By opening it up to cover the entire Jedi Temple we can have stories about other Jedi seen in the Arena Battle (especially the Klatooinian Jedi), Jocasta Nu, even the Jedi Younglings. Now tell me that doesn't have the potential to be a great book.
    We already have this going with the "Jedi Apprentice" & "Jedi Quest" books...yes, they are written (quite well) for younger readers & they do center on the main characters (Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi for the "Apprentice" books & Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker for the "Jedi Quest" ones), but they quite often also feature other members of the council and/or their Padawans. They are great, reads for getting a quick "Star Wars" fix....