Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would buy "these" figures if I saw them any where. What other line are you going to find R5-D4 in? Not Saga. To me the fgures don't seem EU. I guess it's because the ride has been part of my life for such a long time. Other than the figures the packaging is unique, meaning the bubble and the back. I'm a carded collector, so I care about "these" things.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I think JarJarBinks summed it up nicely a few posts back:
    to someone like me, who's never likely to see the Star Tours ride (in fact, I'd never heard of it until I read SSG threads dedicated to these figures), they're simply a source of generic "background droids", of which I'll never have enough.
    Whether or not these characters were actually in any scene in the SW films is irrelevant to me - the simple fact is that they COULD HAVE BEEN, and with regard to dioramas etc. my imagination can do the rest.

That's why I'M looking forward to them, anyway.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Originally posted by kdp100
    I think JarJarBinks summed it up nicely a few posts back:
    to someone like me, who's never likely to see the Star Tours ride (in fact, I'd never heard of it until I read SSG threads dedicated to these figures), they're simply a source of generic "background droids", of which I'll never have enough.
    Whether or not these characters were actually in any scene in the SW films is irrelevant to me - the simple fact is that they COULD HAVE BEEN, and with regard to dioramas etc. my imagination can do the rest.

That's why I'M looking forward to them, anyway.
    I'm sure I take Disney Land for granted because I live in CA USA, but Star Tours the Ride is a little out dated. It's fun, but it never changes. It would be nice if there was a different tour that they could switch back and forth from time to time. It's not like DS and Luscas don't have the funds.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Does anybody know if in Disneyland are selling another action figures?from saga collection for example, because I don't like these stupid droids. I think is a big business for hasbro an Disney, just for make money.

Disneyland was selling the other figures (also for $10 each). I last checked about 2 years ago. Whether they still have them, I don't know.

I'd buy the Astromech droids from this line, but little else. But I doubt I'll ever go to a Disney theme park, since I hate huge masses of people.

I saw these figures at a show today, and I must say; "These figures SUCK!!!" They look like some of the cheapest pieces of crap ever slapped on a piece of cardboard with the word Star Wars on it.

As cool as some droids are, these are just plain worthless, IMO. Its nice if you go to a Disney park, go on the ride, and pick one up as a nice little memory. But I could never go out of my way for any of these, especially at $10 a pop.

Just my opinion though, to each his own...
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I just love them
    that's all I can say about them :happy:
    StarTours.BeJedi.com
    It never ceases to amaze me how you can turn every thread into something about those Star Tours droids, Kris! (Spike)
    My home is where my computer is...

If you don't want the crappy figures, just don't buy them. More for the rest of us droid lovin', completist freaks.

I love the STAR TOURS ride. I've wanted figures from there since, well...o' before you were born.....well...maybe not YOU, but....for a long time, a long time.

The figures are kinda unique. They're not completely in the SW style, but they're close. This is one sure fire way we are going to get multiples of the cool little R2s, R3s, R4s, and R5s we've been screaming about for years.

BRING 'EM ON!!
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!