Talking Classic trilogy on VHS again, and it ISN'T the Special Edition

I was browsing through Blackstar.co.uk and they have the Star Wars Trilogy boxset for a release date of 11th November on VHS. Check it out here. What is also interesting is the (1990) date on it, which means it will NOT be the Special Edition (even though the box they give says Special Edition on it). I haven't heared of a re-release on VHS, anyone have any info?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

That would be good news for all fans hoping to acquire the originals, Pendo. In Canada I remember buying the movies on VHS when they last came out (the versions with Yoda, a Stormtrooper and I think Vader each on one of the cases) and they advertised then as "The original. One last time."

I wonder what this release really will be?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Whatever it is, it's no longer there. I just tried Pendo's link, and I got an error screen. All it say is something like "no video currently scheduled for UK release"
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Hmph.... I would love to get my hands on another set of originals. I have letterboxed copies, but I won't watch them in fear of a VCR munching on them. I can't dupe them because they are protected and all I get is wavy lines. I wonder if a DVD burner can get through that or not?

Originally posted by Master Goeweins
    I can't dupe them because they are protected and all I get is wavy lines. I wonder if a DVD burner can get through that or not?
    As far as I know, no, but I would suggest getting the laserdiscs anyway. I've seen them on eBay sometimes for 5-10 bucks.

Originally posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Whatever it is, it's no longer there. I just tried Pendo's link, and I got an error screen. All it say is something like "no video currently scheduled for UK release"
    DAMN . It must have been some sort of error on blackstar that they have fixed now . Would have been nice to get a chance to get the originals again . I don't watch my tapes of the originals any more of fear of them being destroyed .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Aiee, the originals pale in comparison to the SEs. If you don't like the Greedo firing first part, shut your eyes and push mute for a second.