Why don't ESB and RoTJ have that 80's look?

Y'know that somkey 80's look.
    "I am a jedi Like my father before me!" Luke Skywalker RotJ

"Your father was a sick man in an Iron mask!" Clone Emporr DE

Lucas had money, he could get quality camera for the directors.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

what 80's look do you mean? parachute pants and michael jackson jackets?

One glove or two?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Well.......C3-P0 was doing the "Robot"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robot.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	3853  
    Last edited by Darth Vellner; 09-09-2002 at 07:27 PM.

ESB was made in the late '70s, so that might explain that.

Which look are you referring to though? There are photographic (Lucas went to USC specifically to learn all about cinematography, so I would think he'd be able to recognize and avoid such types of cinematic trend pitfalls); there are clothing styles (since the clothes weren't modern-based, it was easy to not fall into this); there are sets and props (see previous 2); there is makeup & hair (SW does fall into these 2 a little in all 3 of the films, but it's relatively easy to forgive); and there are even more ways.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually if you watch the original original VHS tapes they have that 80s look. If you watch the SE the films are cleaned up so they look like they were filmed now. It is funny how you remember watching Knight Rider, Air Wolf, A-Team etc. and don't remember them having that "smokey" look. But when you tune into FX..... Look out!!!! "I DON"T REMEMBER THESE LOOKING THIS CHEESY!!!!"
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Before the SE editions came out, I felt that all of them had a distinctly older look. The cleaned up prints from the SE versions coupled with some 90s CGI changed all that and made them look a bit newer.

However, a lot of the hair styles, especially Luke's, are very distinctly late 70s/early 80s and nothing will change that.