Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AOTC on Imax!

AOTC on Imax!

On the main page, it said AOTC will be coming to IMAX screens on November 1. Woo hoo! Any word as to how long it'll be playing? Or where it will be playing?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Hmmm... we have an IMAX here in Cleveland. Ehhhh... I'll pass. I'll just watch it in the comfort of my own house. I DID see ANH and ESB at a 70mm theatre back in the day!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

No word on how long it'll run for. As for where, try your local IMAX theaters! Seriously though, they didn't say that either but more details will be coming soon...er or later.

I honestly don't know if this film will be able to pull it off in this large format. I've seen other films transferred to IMAX before and the format betrayed every flaw the moviemaking process had to offer... and that was all shot on high quality standard cinema filmstock - I could see some of the flaws caused by the digital filming Lucasfilm used in my regular theaters (one traditional film projection, one digital projection), how is this going to hold up in a format that takes normal high-quality movies and makes 'em look like crap???
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

AOTC coming to Imax

Has anyone seen this article on CNN.com yet. Check it out.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

PS. My bad, Pendo. Didn't see it!
    Last edited by Patient Zero; 09-10-2002 at 04:19 PM.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

You did know that there was already a thread about AOTC coming to IMAX right here? Anyway, thanx for the link Jonna , I wish I lived by an IMAX cinema.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

The nearest IMAX is at the Denver Museum of Natural History (I think it's been renamed), and it's a fairly short drive (but not too short!).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm not 100% on this, but in LA, the IMAX theater at the public museum did NOT have commercial films play at it, instead some of the commercial films went to the IMAX theater at the Universal Citywalk and some went to the one at the Magic Johnson theater, IIRC. The point is, make double-sure the film is actually there before you head out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

IMAX sucks when they show movies that aren't filmed for the screen. The IMAX screen is roughly 4:3 size, which is the same as a TV screen. In other words, go and see Star Wars on the big IMAX screen and you end up seeing an inferior Pan and Scan presentation.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=94688

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    IMAX sucks when they show movies that aren't filmed for the screen. The IMAX screen is roughly 4:3 size, which is the same as a TV screen. In other words, go and see Star Wars on the big IMAX screen and you end up seeing an inferior Pan and Scan presentation.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=94688

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    ahhh it would be interesting to see, I saw an IMAX movie about Tutankhamun's tomb, it was called "Mysteries of Egypt" and when the helicopter went over a waterfall while travelling down the nile, it was like being on a rollercoaster. I felt it in my stomach.
    I just think it would be awesome to see the coruscant speeder chase, I'm sure that the audience would definitely be immersed in this scene and they would feel it.
    Last edited by Darth Trymybestus; 09-12-2002 at 06:35 PM.

It would be intresting to see, yes. If the film wasn't hacked off on the edges to fit the screen. I do like the IMAX films that are made for the IMAX screen, I even own one of them on DVD "Bears". But I still hate to see a movie butchered, and people paying so much to see it that way.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.