Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question well,5 months since the AOTC figs...

i know it has been a little bit shorter than 5 months, but around this time 5 months ago, we were really starting to talk about them. who is rare now? who are the peg warmers? who is going to be a peg warmer/a rare figure???
    well, dooku, hd ani, and yoda are rare in ohio for the most part...
    almost all of the first 27 besides the ones previously mentioned are peg warmers...(except for dexter)
    i think any dooku or yoda in the future will be rare...not sure on the pegwarmers....
    thoughts???
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Who's rare? Really nobody it just depends on distribution, technically no one is rare cause theres always trading or buying elsewhere, maybe rare in your area but that'd be about as far as it goes. That's basically all it boils down to, peg-warmers and rarity for the Saga line are just based on distribution methods and timing plus the people in your area so while one item could be rare in one, it could be a peg-warmer in another.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

true, very true....saga has had poor distrabution to my area since the beggining...couldn't find the sassee tiin wave for 3 weeks after the release!
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Well, overall, I generally hear that Yoda, HD Anakin, and Dooku are rare. The only Yoda I've ever seen is the one that I've gotten.
    I haven't seen any figures beyond #40 anywhere.

Nothing is rare, it is only hard to find. For cripes sake people, this is a movie year. Just because you can't find it the second that it comes out doesn't mean it's rare. How many people complained and moaned that Chewbacca: Cloud City Capture was RARE. Now look, he's peg warming in most places.

You just need patience, and to get out there in the early morning when stores open to grab the HTF stuff. Yoda, Dooku, and HD Anakin continued to ship alot longer then most of the peg-warmer figures, so they are not rare. Hell, Dooku and Yoda are still shipping in the next case even.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Chewie is warming the pegs here.
    What sucks is that the only time I can get to stores is weekend afternoons.

Well, they don't stock typically on the weekend. No wonder you have never seen anything past figure #40 in your area. You may want to end up joining Kebco's "One of Every Figure" club. Or you may end up not getting these figures for quite a long time.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Jar Jar--

I'm aware that stock often comes on Tuesdays so it's gone by the weekends. However, I wonder--
    All the waves after the first 27 have come out and are in stores here. So why can't I find anything after Djas Puhr?

Actually Wal-Mart and other places (they most likely vary) probably won't be getting new SW stuff in for a bit like mine because of holiday stuff. The shipments vary on the trucks so SW and other toys may not make it on shipments for awhile (I think the warehouses just ship in various shipments with what they feel is more needed for the store at that time) and so when the stores get the majority of their holiday stuff setup then we should see SW stuff shipping alot more, plus there will be backstock so there should be little shortage when it starts shipping.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Basker--

That theory makes lots of sense. Also probably explains why there's a sudden surge of LOTR figures.