Thread: Gunship

Hybrid View

Gunship

R2DToys are taking pre0oerdes for 45 including postage, but can't guarentee the delivery date.

I'm sooooooooooooo excited (see relevant thread in Saga)
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Think I'll hang fire on pre-ordering this until they've got a provisional shipping-date listed on the website... just in case it does crop up somewhere else in the meantime.

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering the Imperial Shuttle from them for 95 though, in spite of the price. The sooner people order this, the sooner the store will have an idea of how many to order from FAO/Hasbro - and the money will come out of my account at the same time (December) regardless of whether I submit my order this week or next month.

Be interesting to hear anyone else's thoughts on this... ?
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

cool
    that is a bit expensive for gunship ain't it???
    Ireland rule!!!!!
    Next on List : Destroyer Droid (Arena Battle) ,Clone Trooper with Speeder bike, Geo Arena, Dooku Speeder, Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight), Barris Offee (Jedi Knight), Commerce Guild Spider Droid!!!!!

I might order the Gunship, it'll only turn up here at an outrageous price.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

45 seems a bit pricey for the Gunship, considering you will have to buy 2 Clonetrooper pilot figures to get the 2 gun pods for it. That will push the price up to 56 or above.

On the plus side, it is a HUGE craft, and has lots of functions etc, so then again 45 don't seem too bad.

As for the shuttle, 95 is also a bit pricey, considering that it doesn't have any electronics, as the vintage version did have them.

There is a plus side to this aswell. The POTF2 AT-AT was originally 99, and the Episode I Royal Starship was 120 rrp, and both were reduced later in their brief lifespan.

Hopefully, this may happen to the shuttle too, depending on availability etc. but I severely doubt it.

Besides would you rather pay 400+ for a vintage boxed one, or 95 for a brand new boxed SAGA one ??

I see that US stores KB & TRU are taking preorders for the Gunship now for $40.00.

THATS ONLY 26 to us, are we going wrong somewhere ??
    Last edited by jedi_uk73; 09-10-2002 at 02:55 PM.
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

No, just unlucky! I mean we pay 6 at R2Dtoys for figures cause that's a standard price - the things are 3.50 in the states. That's why I've made sure I was over there for the Ep 1 and Sga launches to give myself a head start!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!