Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking who was supposed to pick up the clones?

We all know that Obi-Wan stumbled onto the clones and the clone factory. But when Taun We greets him she says: "We've been expecting you." Now, obviously she did not mean Obi-Wan, so who did Obi-Wan beat to the punch, seeing as the clones just happened to be ready. Certainly Sidious's plans were not so exact that he knew Obi would just stumble onto the clones, so who was meant to pick them up first? Yoda? I'm still not really clear on this...

When she says "We have been expecting you" she does not mean anyone inparticular, but just any old Jedi. Sifo-Dyas probably said that a Jedi would come to inspect how the creation of the clones was coming along. Because Obi-Wan arrived they persumed that he had come to inspect them. I don't think they were expecting anyone to pick them up just yet, but it could have been Count Dooku who would pick them up.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

After Dooku's forces attacked the Republic, they would have no choice but to locate an army quickly, or be destroyed. He probably would have been granted emergency powers at that time, and could have saved the day with the army of clones. I don't know how he would have manipulated the Jedi to find the clones this way. Perhaps he could have simply ordered a Jedi (maybe even Anakin) to get them from Kamino. There is also the possibility that it wouldn't matter whether the army was commissioned on time. If Dooku's forces won, then Palpatine still wins. One way or the other, he would end up with his army of clones and control of the galaxy.
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 09-10-2002 at 05:25 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Good replys. My problem is that why would Sidious expect Jedi to inspect the clones if they were never supposed to know about them in the first place, since they were done in secret, and Obi-Wan stumbled onto them by pure dumb luck.

Sidious/Palpatine is very good at sensing/predicting the future, you could say it's his speciality. He probably seen the Jedi finding it. He may also have told Jango to use the Kamino Saber Dart to lure them there, Bounty Hunter's aren't stupid enough to leave big clues like that lying around.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Ahh who knows, Maybe Jango was unaware of the fact that Obi Wan knew Dexter Jetster who knew that the saber dart was from Kamino. I bet that Dooku erased the info about the saber dart from the archives just like he did on the info of the planet Kamino itself. Perhaps Dooku told Jango that the Jedi had no knoweldge of Kamino so Jango could use any resources from Kamino he wanted. Good thing for Dexter!
    "This Party's Over!"- Mace Windu

In Episode III we might find out that Dexter was working for Sidious/Dooku!!! That would be a shock!!!

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Or actually, Kamino was deleted from the archives, and Obi-Wan was told to investigate due to finding out the saber dart was from Kamino. Most likely they knew that the Jedi would have sources and if they couldn't get information from the archives that they would send someone to investigate.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by Pendo
    In Episode III we might find out that Dexter was working for Sidious/Dooku!!! That would be a shock!!!

PENDO!
    We may, but it was my impression that Dex and Obi-Wan had been friends for a while. I guess that doesn't really mean crap, but I got the feeling they had a deep friendship. My .02

About Obi-Wan finding the clones who knows?

Originally posted by Pendo
    Sidious/Palpatine is very good at sensing/predicting the future, you could say it's his speciality. He probably seen the Jedi finding it. He may also have told Jango to use the Kamino Saber Dart to lure them there, Bounty Hunter's aren't stupid enough to leave big clues like that lying around.

PENDO!
    he's also good at CREATING the future - who's the best at predicting the future? the one who is creating it... making events come to pass so that his scheme unfolds the way he wants it to. at the end of AOTC, sidious says everything is going according to plan. that means he PLANNED for the jedi to find, and use, the clones. therefore, he planned every event that would lead to obi-wan's finding kamino.

he also planned the revolution - the trade federation was betrayed by sidious, who let them know that he had great power in the republic... so, they hate him and the republic, so the fake revolution under dooku has a pretty powerful ally.

i even would go so far as to say he planned anakin's tusken massacre. i kinda think palpatine used the force to control the tuskens to kill shmi. i mean, what are the odds that SHE would be the victim of their rage?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope