Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

foreshadowing for Episode III

Who can name scenes and lines from the OT that may "foreshadow" the events of Episode III? Such as Luke saying he has been on Dagobah before? What do these things mean?

Isn't it a bit extreme to say that because Luke says that Dagobah is "like something out of dream". That he said, "I've been on Dagobay before"? He may have been there for awhile, but that is far from certain.

"The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him."

What does it mean? My guess....Palpatine won't know about the twins.
    ubi mel ibi apes

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    "The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him."

What does it mean? My guess....Palpatine won't know about the twins.
    Nope...I always interpreted Obi-Wans words as to mean that if Vader had any offspring (1 or more...???) they (Vader and his offspring) would be a threat to the Emperor...thus Vader and his offspring could and would over-throw the Emperor....which ultimately happened. This happened two-fold...Leia did her part on the Alliance end of things...while Luke and Vader did their parts on the Jedi end of things.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

they totally made it seem like anakin was going to become darth vader... i mean, they played the imperial march after he killed all the tuskens, and his last name is skywalker... i think i might be right...

seriously, though, i do feel that there will be something about the dagobah thing. and no one's saying it's definite, this is speculation after all. but it seems to me that was quite an intentional line...

and darkross, that's an interesting interpretation of that line, one that i don't think i've thought of before...

i agree that palpatine won't know about the kids... i also don't think vader knows... at least not about leia - "... SISTER... so, you have a twin sister... obi-wan was wise to hide her from me. now his failure is complete. if you will not be turned, perhaps SHE will..." and then luke holds his lightsaber in the most convoluted stance ever! and yells "NEVERRRRRR!!!" and goes to town...

i think that possibly we will see a showdown between yoda and the emperor - "do not underestimate the powers of the emperor..." sounds like he knows firsthand...

once again, all speculation, but i think it makes sense... but that's just me...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Originally posted by Darkross

Nope...I always interpreted Obi-Wans words as to mean that if Vader had any offspring (1 or more...???) they (Vader and his offspring) would be a threat to the Emperor...thus Vader and his offspring could and would over-throw the Emperor....which ultimately happened. This happened two-fold...Leia did her part on the Alliance end of things...while Luke and Vader did their parts on the Jedi end of things.
    "Nope"? Ok, so you feel his statement referred to the offspring and Vader. The catalyst in the equation is still the "offspring". Without it/them the "=threat" does not exist. So I do not disagree with the basic premise of your assessment. The rest of your statement seems to be a re-telling of the events in ROTJ. I have seen that movie , and my theory in no way conflicts with those events. So where does this "Nope" come in?
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 09-11-2002 at 12:57 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Near the begining of ANH C3-P0 says "No more adventures"

HMMMMMM......
    HEY 3-P0, The movie just started! What "Adventures" are you talking about????

So I ask....memory wipe or no memory wipe??

The Emperor most likely discovers the skywalker childrens existence during the time between ep 3 and 4, or, more plausibly, shortly before the events of esb, which is the first film that the emperor and vader acknowledge the "son of skywalker".

If the emperor knew at the birth...surely he would have destroyed them, no matter what it takes.

I had a theory somewhere that Sidious order's Dooku to kill the children, and he kidknaps them and takes them to Dagobah. Dooku is killed and his evil presence forms the Cave of Evil, and Luke and Leia are seperated from there. This would also agree with Luke's being there before.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

It's hard to say. Lucas could go in a whole new direction. We just have to wait and see
    "Began the Clone Wars has." Yoda--Attack of the Clones

I remember hearing a while back, (prior to Episode I) that when Lucas was envisioning the Prequels, he said the whole father-son relationship would still be a secret. I thought I remember him saying that after all 6 movies were complete, if someone hadn't seen any of them and watched them 1 2 3 4 5 6 that Vader being Luke's father would still be a suprise in ESB.
    Doesn't seem like that's going to be the case does it? Hmm I wonder...