Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Strange things happening at Target

One of the Targets I stop at in Lancaster CA has had a very bad problem with people returning Star Wars toys with missing parts and or figures replaced with a different charactors. Today I found an Endor set with all the helmets missing, a Hoth set with missing 02 mask and the trooper was replaced with the deluxe Hoth figure from (97?) The most noticeable fake was a 12" Super battle droid was replaced with an EP1 Battle droid. The list goes on and on , but you get the point. All the packaging was opened with a blade. They cut between the 2 plies of card board. I looked around to tell someone, but not one target employee looked like they would care. I put myself in their shoes and you know what, I wouldn't care either If I made 7 bucks an hour.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 09-10-2002 at 07:14 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Very sad... my local K-Mart has a similar problem. What usually happens is that the 12" figure's clothing is replaced with something else. It's obvious people buy the toy to get one thing in particular and then replace it with something else before returning it to the store. The employees are so clueless they don't even notice the problem.

Man this just stokes my fire
    Thieves, every last one of them.
    This is why return policies have become so strict as of late and why we pay more than we should for certain items.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

What's worse is here at our walmart we even have empty boxes that Walmart employees stapled back together and put back on the shelve...
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

by strange things i thought you meant target actually having GOOD stuff for once...drat!!! got my hopes up and stuff too!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've seen some really pathetic stuff at K-Mart. One time I saw a brand new 12" GI Joe set in which the figure had been removed from the set and replaced with a cheap Ken doll and some really crappy looking uniform set. Another time I saw a 12" Jedi Luke in which Luke was dressed in cheap army fatigues. That one really made me mad because it was so obviously the wrong clothing for Luke Skywalker, I mean have the employees never seen a Star Wars film? How could they be so clueless to not recognise that Luke doesn't belong in a US Army uniform?

I remember seeing a couple of preview figures earlier this year with POTJ Zuttons and Black Queen Amidala's earlier at Wal-Mart.

I also remember seeing at a different Wal-Mart a 12 inch Lando that was obviously removed from the box, his clothes were taken and replaced with a totally different set. (I can't recall which version it was supposed to be, I don't collect the 12 inch figures). It sat on the clearance shelf for a long time, even when it was marked down to $5.00.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I hate it when this happens. I've made it a point to make a scene if I ever see anybody who is returning this 'junk' in the customer service lines.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Here at our Target in Wva we haver an employee problem. It's called the employees hide all the exclusives until they go on clearance and buy them cheap then selling them to the scummy scalpers or buy them all and jack up the prices to collectors. Folks at Target dont seem to care at all.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
    Here at our Target in Wva we haver an employee problem. It's called the employees hide all the exclusives until they go on clearance and buy them cheap then selling them to the scummy scalpers or buy them all and jack up the prices to collectors. Folks at Target dont seem to care at all.
    That happens at my Target as well. I had a long conversation with a guy who now works at KB, and used to work at Target and he told me that the employees in Tagrets are a bunch of scalpers. They hold onto all the rares and exclusives in the back, then buy them all when their shift is over. Bunch of A**holes.
    Powdered Toast Man!