Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are you spending your day?

Are you doing any sort of contributes either at work or home? 103.9 silenced the mic today in rememberance...
    My work is having a minute of silence...
    All the flags are half massed.
    Are you doing anything in rememberance or mourning?
    I like to know what you'll all up too.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

after work I'll be heading straight back to the spot I spent last sept 11th at. My local pub with the general manager and bartender. There, we will do exactly what we did last year. Drink (raising many glasses to the fallen), and discuss the events meaning......

We had a minute silence at 2pm today at work, then I let everybody go home for the rest of the day. It wasn't really a working atmosphere today, it is all very upsetting .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I tried to act like it was a normal day today and did everything I would've normally done too
    I had a moment of silence for myself at 14:46 (france time)
    but in school we did absolutely nothing which actually sets me up a bit
    all the teachers acted like nothing happened and nobody even mentioned it, not even the english teacher, which is kinda sad IMO
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

After spending the morning outside in the sunshine cutting my hedges and thinking quietly to myself. I realised that I was standing in the kitchen with my partner and the dog watching the clock for the moment.... we spent time discussing the events of last year, the events of this year and the changes we've noticed in how people are behaving toward each other. We had our silences of quiet contemplation and remembrance and we tried to carry on as normal but it just didn't feel right and we ended up watching part of the ceremonies in NY on TV, the name reading was what set me off though. Just about finished me off. I just spent most of my day with my partner and dog. Not a lot else I could do.
    The most moving moment aside from the obvious was seeing Linda Chavez Thompson from the AFL-CIO speaking at the TUC meeting here in the UK. She gave a moving and personal speech that spoke straight to the hearts of the hardest of grown men in that conference room. her words spanned the Atlantic divide and broke down the cultural barriers, simple words of wisdom, anger and praise, defiance and pain. A little voice making sense of madness.

We had a prayer service in front of our school for all those who lost those lives.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

We also had a prayer service along with poem readings and songs.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I couldn't get a ticket to go to the Pentagon Ceremony, and I work there. I had to watch it on TV in my office.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I am at work for the night unfortunately. However I did have a moment of silence this morning, and the flag here is at half mast.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

It's been a quiet day. Spent the morning with my wife and the afternoon playing with my son. Have tried to avoid watching the TV too much. A few minutes ago I was in my backyard watering the orchids when I heard the brass band over at the park warm up by playing music from the fight scene between Qui-Gon and Darth Maul. It was very funny to hear that echoing throughout the neighborhood. What a great country this is.