Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Give us an electric Max Rebo Band with real playing instruments, but no Obi or Boba electric things with stupid phrases.

i like the electronic jango fett. and i'm suprised, because after the electronic maul and qui-gon, i didn't expect much.

it's funy how hasbro makes the electronic heads the correct scale, but made jango's helmet bigger than the "ultimate jango" helmet.

i'd love it if hasbro made an electronic vader and luke like this.

We just need one Jango who's got it all, not multiple different ones which each single one carrying one exclusive thing of the action for multiple resculpts like in the 4"-line.

Mine should be arriving from Amazon (via UPS) here shortly. I hate the last couple hours of waiting. I don't know why I put myself through this hell.

jeditricks,

you were asking how the obi-wan saber lights up? well, there is a small plug on his sleeve where the saber plugs in. sounds goofy, but it works well. i really like this over those molded in hands saber old ben and vader had.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ob5.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	3995  

here is obi-wan "all lit up"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ob2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	3996  

Thanks for the pics derek, it doesn't look like an electrical connector, it looks like a shrouded light-pipe. Any idea on how it works?

If I had designed this, it'd be a plug in the cuff of the sleeve rather than on the side. I think that'd look better... oh my, I just got a fantastic idea, I think with a little work, we could make light-up sabers sewn into the fabric of the robes!! It could even work for either hand, it'd use wires that ran up from the slimline battery pack in the back of the robe to the end of the sleeve where it ended in a 2.5mm socket. The saber itself could have a powerful blue, red, or green LED and the bottom of this could be a corresponding 2.5mm plug hardwired in. That sounds like a good project, I wish I had the money to do it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jeditricks,

my best guess as to how the obi-wan saber lights up is there's a wire that is inside his arm that runs from the outlet to the battery. it looks like the arm snaps together from 2 pieces, and the articulation is almost zero in regards to bending. there is a joint there, but it mostly just swivles, unlike the left arm, which can almost bend to a 90 degree angle.
    Last edited by derek; 09-18-2002 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks for clearing that up, that's basically what Tycho described but your pics make it look much different than what I envisioned. I guess I'll have to scrape up some dough and check this out m'self, I've always wanted good light-up sabers, not like that cornball "interacting" 2pack.

I'm still dreaming of making a jedi robe with this wiring system, it'd run on button cell batteries (see my thread about those in Gen Disc ) and have WAY more flexibility than any other electronic figure ever. The only part I haven't figured out is how to cram a bright LED into a 12" lightsaber accessory.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I finally received my figures. UPS dropped them off about 6p.m. I was already opening the Amazon box (giggling like a little girl) before the UPS guy had me sign. Well, I have to say I really like these figures. I opened Jango first, and as I was taking him out of his box there wre all these grunts and bangs. Once I got him out I found the switch on the jetpack (right for combat/left for flight mode) and switched it to left. His rockets lit up so I started to run with him in the house. Next thing I knew I was outside in my frontyard, that was until my wife yelled at me. So I opened Obi-Wan next, he made the same grunts and bangs, and his beard looks more like camouflage than a beard. The light up saber is what makes this figure though. The voice on Jango is ok, but Obi-Wan sounds *** (And I do not mean that in a homosexual way) IMO. I really like how the you can adjust the boot on the ankle too so you could put either one of these in just about any position and they will stand. Overall I'm very happy with these figures, and think they are worth what they cost.