Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Movie Tunes announcer in the theater.

When you go to the theatre and you are waiting for the movie to start and there is usually the latest hip hop tune playing. When the song is over the same narrarator voice is always telling you about the song and "THEIR LATEST RELEASE!!!!!" The contrast of that hip hop tune to the flatness of the narrorator is hilarious because the narrorator is actually sounding excited about the album. IT'S FOONY!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Heh heh, I know exactly what you're talking about.

"That was Mad Killa Karl's newest single, 'Don't Make Me Cut You MuthaF***er!' from his debut album, which can also currently be heard in the film 'Swordfish 2: The Legend of L Ron's Gold'. Next up is the title track from Kenny G's current hit release..."
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, but he's no Mr Movie!

In a World.......
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I'm still having nightmares from the numerous times I had to hear him intro "May the Circle be Unbroken" by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Ahh, and when Cat Steven's boxset was on the way last year?
    Yeah, that guy introducing "Wild World" is a bit of a contrast. I love Cat Stevens and I love that song, but when that guy did the intro, it didn't quite feel . . . right.

My favorite movie tunes moment was when me and a buddy were sitting in a theater with a bunch of young-ish teenagers and the song playing is "Money" by Pink Floyd. At one point in the song, there's this classic lyric which somehow ALWAYS gets on the radio even though FCC regulations would obviously prohibit it:
    Money, it's a hit
    Don't give me that do goody good bullsh**
    and it's not censored, just like always. Me and my friend think nothing of it because each of us has listened to that album a billion times, but these kids around us had never heard it and were SO amazed and titillated by the fact that they were saying a naughty word - it became this amazing topic of discussion for them even through the opening credits, you'd think they'd never heard the word before. I guess it's extra provocative because it's on Movie Tunes or something, but it made us laugh.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Ugh, our theatre just got bought out, so they started playing those crap CDs in our sound system. I hate em , hate em, hate em!

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Which is worse, the slideshow of advertising on the screen or Movie Tunes? I'd say "movie tunes" if not for the fact that Coke's advertising is all over those slideshows to the point where it's just offensive.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Only in "Coke" theatres. At National Amusements theatres it's Pepsi all over the slideshow, which means Britney Spears on every other slide...

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

How about those lame Trivia questions? Or the even lamer (if that's a word) theater polls. "Clap if you think Battlefield Earth was a great movie!" Now after sitting through 15 minutes of those and advertisements we get another 5 minutes of commericials before the coming attractions. I think it junk like this that will slowly kill the movie theater. With movies being released on DVD <6 months after the theater release and Home Theaters becoming cheaper and cheaper (as well as better and better) why go to the theater anymore?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

hey Rollo,

speaking of your theatre getting bought out, it wasn't by AMC was it? two theatres i've been to in the last few weeks are both now AMC theatres, and get this, their before 5 p.m. tickets went up $2 dollars! from $4 to $6!