Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question what do you think we will see in 2005?

well, there will probably be
    1 padme' skywalker with: child bearthing action!
    2 anikan skywalker with: duel damage and removable armor!
    3 obi-wan kenobi with: dueling lightsaber action!
    4 jar jar binks with: death wound from mace windu!
    5 mace windu with: dissapearing action! (maybe decapitaton action???)
    6 emperor palpintine (or whatever he will be in III) with: dark force lightning! (possible a lightsaber if lucas wants to go out with a bang?)
    7 yoda with:slashing lightsaber attack!
    8 ghost of qui-gonn????
    .....anyone else got any ideas???
    h
    edit in: since most of you take these seriously...i would like to say that they are just for fun and if hasbro made them now. like i said in my last post in this thread
    Last edited by hango fett; 09-12-2002 at 07:28 PM.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Sorry to burst your bubble Hango, but i'd say, oh, 1, 2, o' 3 of those figures are under the "not bloody likely" category. I'd like to see a Anakin/Vader figure. I bet money they'll have figures of Leia and Luke as little tykes too, that'll be kinda nifty.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: what do you think we will see in 2005?

Originally posted by hango fett
    well, there will probably be
    1 padme' skywalker with: child bearthing action!
    h
    Ha! Hi - Larious!!

I can almost see the lil lastic sky babies poppin out!

...eww....

How about a "Bail Organa" figure? I know he was in AOTC, but maybe his role will be more prominant in Episode III.

Also, a Mon Mothma back when she was a hot, young teenager.

oh, yeha! mon mothma! bail would be another one! good ideas guys! but you never know what hasbro will pull next!
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Re: what do you think we will see in 2005?

The end of the line.

Okay, maybe not until 2006 for that.
    Stupidity should be painful.

1. Padme won't happen. You will likely get a figure that looks pregnant, but you aren't going to have no birthing action. Since the birth will likely occur off screen, not only because the film is PG, but to also keep the secret of Leia.

2. Anakin will probably have a damaged version, if what happens to him occurs on screen. It depends how things play out with the storyline. Removable armor is alot to ask for, since Vader can't remove it unless he's in his chamber or personal areas.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi will probably happen. Though I don't think gimmicks will be around in 2+ years. If they are there will be alot of annoyed collectors. Note that I won't be one of them.

4. Jar Jar Binks will of course get a figure. But even if he does die, which is huge speculation, it won't be at Mace's hands. It would be more likely he escapes with Padme to Alderaan, or is killed by Anakin/Vader as he tries tries to delay him so that Yoda, Obi, and the rest can escape.

5. Mace Windu of course will get yet another figure. How exactly would they do disapeering action, even though I don't see him doing a vanishing act. He's not going to get decapitated though. Wouldn't fly in a PG film because he's a unmasked human charecter. You can do it with Jango and Tusken's because he wears a helmet and they are masked unknowns.

6. Emperor Palpatine will likely reveal himself in E3, but I don't see him with a lightsaber. And I don't see him actually being shown using any of his force powers. That should remain a secret until E6 when he shoots force lightning at Luke.

7. Yoda of course will get another figure, since he's so popular. I don't see them putting an action feature like that in him though. He's way to small for the figure's body to contain the mechanism. Plus like I said, I don't see gimmicks being around in 2+ years.

8. Qui-Gon Spirit is a good bet, but that depends if he actually makes an apperance. Lucas is saying that he will, but anything can happen in 2+ years. Plus the fact that spirit figures don't do all that great as action figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

My predictions of the first waves:

Collection 1:

Anakin Skywalker (Sith Training)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Tatooine Disguise)
    Padme Amidala (Naboo Disguise)
    Mace Windu (Jedi General)
    Yoda (Jedi General)
    Count Dooku (Sith Lord)

Collection 2:

Bail Organa (Alderaan Chair)
    Palpatine (Emperor's Seclusion)
    Imperial Officer (Prequel)
    Boba Fett (Bounty Hunter)
    Figure - Infantry/Soldier
    Figure - Minor Villain
    Figure - Jedi

Some type of new droid, maybe a Super Duper Battle Droid.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 09-12-2002 at 06:31 PM.

Lord Tenebrous- I like your predictions, very very much!! Good call!!! let's hope you're on the mark!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"