Thumbs up I got the JANGO and OBI-WAN 12" ELECTRONICS - AWESOME REVIEW!!!

OK, I got them both at K-mart tonight (SanDiego).

OBI-WAN is seriously sweet! These figures are so much fun!

Obi-Wan's Lightsaber LIGHTS UP and activates when you put it in his hand. In one of 3 types of sound modes you can put him in, it makes saber clash noises while you pose his arms with the lightsaber on, and it makes power up and power down sounds!

Moving the figure makes him make fight noises, like grunts and punch noises (Jango makes a head-butt growl!)

Obi-Wan also has a tangle-cable hidden in his sleeve (you cannot see it, it's so well hidden). It is clear and on clear line. When you attach the hook to Jango, you hit a button on Obi-Wan and it makes the Force pressure noise and it snaps back fast enought to drop Jango!

Jango has a removeable helmet, with nice padding inside similar to the Han/Luke KayBee exclusive Stormtrooper Disguise figures.
    His rocket jets light up and when you have him in his Flight sound mode, moving him around makes various flight sounds like fly-by noises until you hold him still and it makes the power-down sound on his rocket pack. He has blaster sounds that can rapidly fire like Jango likes to, and launching his rocket causes another missle launch sound. (unfortunately there is no explosion sound to simulate he hit anything he fired at though).

Moving him and posing him makes him go through fight noises like punches with armor on, grunts, impact noises, etc.

These are so much fun to play with!!!

Finally they both say dialog.

IT IS NOT THE VOICES OF TEMURA MORRISON OR EWAN MCGREGGOR.

It is almost exclusively NOT lines from the movie.

Jango says:

"Don't move Jedi!"

"You can't stop me!"

"You will NOT defeat ME!"

"You will not survive!"

Obi-Wan says:

"May the Force be with you."

"Give up Bounty Hunter!"

"Give up Jango!"

"There is no escape!"

"You're no match for a Jedi!"

Obi-Wan's lightsaber blade is also removeable, and you can attach the hilt to his belt so he can wear it "holstered."

Jango's guns both holster. He comes with a grappling hook as well, but it is only tied to the hook and not to him. I doubt it would support his weight, and it is not movie accurate, though it can clip on his belt for storage, but I had to hide the rope around his rocket pack and keep it loosely tied to one of his arm's power cables to have the other end even attached to him. This part just doesn't compare to the 3 3/4" figure who's cable is actually useful.

Overall, they were a great purchase. Leagues beyond the Episode One 12" electronic figures.

I hope they do more figures like this - well Anakin and Dooku would be naturals. A Vader and Luke Jedi would work. Zam Wessel might be interesting. But 14" Vader basically accomplishes this and more, as did the KayBee exclusive Boba Fett. But these new figures of Obi-Wan and Jango have even more features!!!

$29.99 each (roughly 30 dollars each at retail. And well worth it!!!)

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Great review Tycho. I'm guessing the head sculpts are good otherwise you would have mentioned it. I want these figures SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!

The head sculpts are OK... Obi-Wan looks too much like his flipping deluxe figure. I don't like that take on him. I think the same guy sculpted this, or they just blew the mold up at bit.

Jango's head is cool, but sort of small when he's helmet-less. The helmet (when on) wants to turn independently of the head, so you can do that if you don't care, but if you want him to see where he's going....

Jango is also too tall. When I got these, I first questioned whether Jango (who I opened first) was really part of the 12" line or not. It scared me how he was approaching 13" when he should be about 11" next to regular 12". Obi-Wan is right on scale with his regular counterpart, though the coloring on his tunic is better on the electronic figure.

They are HIGHLY poseable on the legs, turning, twisting bending at hips, knees, shins, and ankles.

Their arms are somewhat limited in pose. Obi-Wan CANNOT double-handle his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan does not come with a Jedi Cloak to make this movie scene totally accurate.

THEY ARE STILL TOTALLY WORTH IT!

I'm having trouble typing because I'm still playing with them!

"There's no escape Jango!"

"You're no match for me, Jedi!"

"The Force is my ally!"

"How'd you like a rocket up your..."

"POW!" "PUNCH!" "Boof!" Ugggh! Ouch! "ZZZzzaap!" Blam!Blam! BLAM!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hey guy's. Amazon has these in stock now as well.

How does the lightsaber light work, is it a light-pipe in the sleeve hole or is there a light in the saber handle and the plug is an electrical contact?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have not seen pictures of these anywhere...

Are they in the database???

There's another thread on this with great pictures in the 12" forum. It showed JediTricks how the lightsaber light-up feature works.

Really nice pics, too. I don't remember who posted them at this moment. Appologies.

That would be this thread, Tycho. It was Derek the newer 12" forums moderator that posted them. They start on the second page and there is 4 of them.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=14411

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.