Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Playmates overloaded the collectors with varient upon varient leaving many of the individual characters unmade. Now that Playmates has decided to commit to the collectors finally and give us what we really want (and not another Bart) it might be too late.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the toys are great and I love having them but my patience (and slowing my pocketbook) have run dry waiting for Playmates to get their act together.
    Hey Exhaust Port , Cool your jets

They will make all the characters (300+) just give them time, We allready have over 100...
    I never got any varient figures

I have had no problems with any of the figures, except sideshow bob (can't get him to stand up) his heads to big!
    My homers shoes are not green!

SLH stands just fine for me..thank you very much!
    I love the WOS simpsons figures they are great!!

Originally posted by Darth Vellner

Hey Exhaust Port , Cool your jets

They will make all the characters (300+) just give them time, We allready have over 100...
    I never got any varient figures

I have had no problems with any of the figures, except sideshow bob (can't get him to stand up) his heads to big!
    My homers shoes are not green!

SLH stands just fine for me..thank you very much!
    I love the WOS simpsons figures they are great!!
    I'm glad you're having such great luck, Darth....but, I just bought a Sideshow Bob (Prison) and I'm having the same problem.
    When I had him on a completely flat surface, like with SLH, he's fine. But on my TV (where a lot of my figures are displayed), there is a very thin (and I mean thin) towel, covering the top. Well, Sideshow Bob falls over on that, as does SLH.
    Possibly, if I ever get a chance to move them, I'll have better luck with them standing up...
    Well, I listened to this post's good points about the Simpsons, and just spent a nice buck on Ebay trying to catch up. I went back for mostly playsets: Krustylu, Kitchen, Noiseland Arcade, Krusty Burger and the talking Family Car (even though it's not really a playset). With the figures that I bought from the guy (Fat Tony, Pattie, and all of Series 6: Mascot Homer, Carl, Snake, Hibbert, Frink, etc) everything comes out less than retail. But it was still a lot of money! Why did I listen to you guys!
    The figures that I just bought over the weekend, I like a little better than the earlier ones. I purchased: Sunday Best Grampa, Sideshow Bob (as I mentioned), Lionel Hutz and the last Troy McClure they had. They just didn't seem as disappointing, and could actually hold a lot of their accessories. I can't wait to get my playsets and hear them talk.
    However, everyone that said it, is right. This is getting expensive. I hope to try and catch up with some stuff and then slowly start buying the new stuff that comes out. I too would be with the idea of no more exclusives, as I'm no where near a TRU. I missed out on both the THOH 1 and 2 because of that. I hope that I can go out of town to find the third...

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Don't forget to keep a receipt and 2 UPC's off the figures or playset so you can mail them away for your free Celebrity figures.

My tipsy figures are Moe and Prof. Frink. My Sideshow stands but is close to falling over. For me, his voice chip in his feet fell out when I opened the package. Darn.

I doubt we'll get half of the 300 figures in the Simpsons universe in WOS. Yeah, we have over 100 already but that includes a ton of varients. We have 8 Barts and 15 Homers alone. The upcoming B-Sharps mail-in are all varients. Varients don't bother me so much as long as they're memorable episode characters and different enough from the standard character. Ripped Willie is an example of what I think is a poor varient. Muumuu Homer and Pinpal Homer are great varients.

I'm not totally giving up on the line yet. I'll probably stick it out through the next 2 waves and see what the future holds then.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Don't forget to keep a receipt and 2 UPC's off the figures or playset so you can mail them away for your free Celebrity figures.
    I didn't know about this. Can you fill me in on the details? What celebrity figures do you get? Do you have to get an order form or something?
    Oh, and any info on these mail-away exclusives, I'd like to hear. I'd really like to know ahead of time so I can try to get them. Because, with me, I usually don't hear about something, or I wait too long and usually miss out. Then I'll have to pay much to get them later....it still fries me about that Toyfare Radioactive Homer.... and Pin Pal Burns....and Pin Pal Moe....and the Comic Book Guy (even though Moe and the Comic Book Guy, I did send away for, but they were sold out) .

Edit in: I read on that Simpsons site about how to get them. Dang. Like I said, I bought 4 figures, so I could have got two sets (one to open and one set to keep away), but it's all on one receipt. Now, I have to buy two more... Oh, I'm so gullable

End...
    Last edited by Lman316; 09-16-2002 at 01:46 PM.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Originally posted by Lman316

I didn't know about this. Can you fill me in on the details? What celebrity figures do you get? Do you have to get an order form or something?
    Oh, and any info on these mail-away exclusives, I'd like to hear. I'd really like to know ahead of time so I can try to get them. Because, with me, I usually don't hear about something, or I wait too long and usually miss out. Then I'll have to pay much to get them later....it still fries me about that Toyfare Radioactive Homer.... and Pin Pal Burns....and Pin Pal Moe....and the Comic Book Guy (even though Moe and the Comic Book Guy, I did send away for, but they were sold out) .
    Go here: http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/

"Simpsons collectors are in for a treat. Purchase any two eligible figures and/or environments from the World of Springfield line and follow the directions to receive two MORE exclusive figures through the mail.

promotional offer for the Llewellyn Sinclair and Cooder figures.

Note: This offer is the only way to receive these two figures, as this series is not scheduled for a regular retail release. Hank Scorpio will be added into cases of Series 10 as a 7th figure.

To receive the figures, you must fill out and return this certificate (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader software) along with two proofs-of-purchase (UPC codes) and a dated sales receipt for any of the products mentioned in the press release. Unlike the upcoming Be-Sharps promotional offer, the certificate and offer will only be available online, not packaged with an upcoming release.

Originally posted by Lman316

Edit in: I read on that Simpsons site about how to get them. Dang. Like I said, I bought 4 figures, so I could have got two sets (one to open and one set to keep away), but it's all on one receipt. Now, I have to buy two more... Oh, I'm so gullable

End...
    I'd try to email Playmates and get an answer to your delemia (sp?). I don't think you should be forced to purchase another 2 figures just to get a seperate receipt. I've never worked in a store or ever asked someone but is it possible to bring in an old receipt from a recent purchase to get a duplicate receipt printed. I have this feeling that the answer is no but it might be worth a shot.

PS: If the only reason for getting a second set is for the MOC I wouldn't bother. The figures are being packed in a poly bag and thrown in a mailing carton.

Just for the record, I think that there have been about 60-70 unique (non-resculpt) WoS figures made. Don't hold me to that though.
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

Here is a full list of all that has been made and will be made shortly:

Series 1
    Homer Simpson
    Bart Simpson
    Mr. Burns, Charles Montgomery Burns
    Grampa Simpson, Abraham Simpson
    Lisa Simpson
    Krusty the Clown

Marge Simpson
    Maggie Simpson
    Homer Simpson, Radioactive Homer

Series 2
    Smithers, Waylon
    Barney Gumble
    Ned Flanders
    Chief Wiggum, Clancy Wiggum
    Bart Simpson, Sunday Best Bart
    Homer Simpson, Pin Pal Homer

Principal Skinner, Seymour Skinner
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Exclusives
    Homer Simpson, Glow-in-the-Dark Radioactive Homer

Bart Simpson, Bart the Fly
    Ned Flanders, Devil Flanders
    Mr. Burns, Dracula Burns
    Homer Simpson, King Homer

Series 3
    Moe Szyslak
    Nelson Muntz
    Otto Mann
    Milhouse van Houten
    Bart Simpson, Kamp Krusty Bart
    Homer Simpson, Sunday Best Homer

Sideshow Bob, Robert Terwilliger III
    Mayor Quimby, Diamond Joe Quimby

Series 4
    Lenny
    Ralph Wiggum
    Patty Bouvier
    Groundskeeper Willie
    Homer Simpson, Casual Homer
    Itchy
    Scratchy

Comic Book Guy
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Pin Pal Apu

Series 5
    Captain McCallister
    Kent Brockman
    Bart Simpson, Bartman
    Martin Prince
    Sideshow Mel, Melvin Van Horne
    BumbleBee Man, Pedro

Exclusives
    Mr. Burns, Pin Pal Burns

Radioactive Man, Rainier Wolfcastle as RM
    Milhouse van Houten, Milhouse as Fallout Boy

Kang
    Kodos
    Homer Simpson, Alien Ship Homer

Homer Simpson, Christmas Homer
    Marge Simpson, Christmas Marge
    Bart Simpson, Christmas Bart
    Lisa Simpson, Christmas Lisa
    Maggie Simpson, Christmas Maggie (on SLH)

Homer Simpson, Boxing Homer

Comic Book Guy, Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con Shirt CBG

Moe Szyslak, Pin Pal Moe

Series 6
    Dr. Hibbert, Julius Hibbert
    Snake
    Bleeding Gums Murphy
    Carl Carlson
    Homer Simpson, Mascot Homer
    Professor Frink, John Frink

Reverend Lovejoy, Timothy Lovejoy
    Jimbo Jones

Series 7
    Dolph
    Cletus
    Ms. Krabappel, Edna Krabappel
    Lou
    Marge Simpson, Officer Marge
    Hans Moleman

Pimply-faced Teen, aka Squeaky-voiced Teen
    Homer Simpson, Muumuu Homer

Celebrity Series 1
    Troy McClure
    Herb Powell
    Fat Tony

Series 8
    Kearney
    Uter
    Sherri
    Terri
    Superintendent Chalmers
    Groundskeeper Willie, Ragin' Willie
    Bart Simpson, Daredevil Bart

Selma Bouvier
    Lunchlady Doris

Series 9
    Grampa Simpson, Sunday Best Grampa
    Lisa Simpson, Sunday Best Lisa
    Sideshow Bob, Prison Bob
    Krusty the Clown, Busted Krusty
    Rod Flanders
    Todd Flanders
    Disco Stu

Eddie
    Jasper

Series 10
    Homer Simpson, Stonecutter Homer
    Marge Simpson, Sunday Best Marge
    Maggie Simpson, Sunday Best Maggie
    Ned Flanders, Scout Leader Flanders
    Wendell Borton
    Dr. Marvin Monroe
    Waylon Smithers, Resort Smithers

Mr. Burns, Pajama Burns
    Dr. Nick Riviera

Celebrity Series 2
    Lionel Hutz
    Brad Goodman

Exclusives
    Homer Simpson, Colonel Homer
    Lurleen Lumpkin

Homer Simpson, High School Homer
    Marge Simpson, High School Marge Bouvier

Homer Simpson, Donuthead Homer
    Marge Simpson, Witch Marge
    Hugo Simpson, Hugo
    Groundskeeper Willie, Evil Willie

Marge Simpson, Bowling Marge
    Jacques

Crazy Old Man
    Squeeky Voiced Teen

Bill
    Marty

Homer Simpson, New Year's Homer
    Marge Simpson, New Year's Marge
    Bart Simpson, New Year's Bart
    Lisa Simpson, New Year's Lisa
    Maggie Simpson, New Year's Maggie

Duffman

Celebrity Series 3

Hank Scorpio

Llewellyn Sinclair
    Cooder

Series 11

Blue Haired Lawyer
    Kirk Van Houten
    Rainier Wolfcastle
    Gil
    Barney Gumble, Plow King Barney
    Larry Burns

Series 12
    Homer Simpson, Mr. Plow Homer
    Don Vittorio DiMaggio
    Mr. Largo, Mr. Dewey Largo
    Luann van Houten
    Database
    Malloy

Promotional
    Homer Simpson, B-Sharps Homer

Promotional
    300th Episode Figure #1 TBD
    300th Episode Figure #2 TBD
    300th Episode Figure #3 TBD
    300th Episode Figure #4 TBD
    300th Episode Figure #5 TBD

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, B-Sharps Apu
    Principal Skinner, B-Sharps Skinner
    Barney Gumble, B-Sharps Barney

Bart Simpson, Military Bart
    Judge Snyder

Herman
    Janey

I'd try to email Playmates and get an answer to your delemia (sp?). I don't think you should be forced to purchase another 2 figures just to get a seperate receipt. I've never worked in a store or ever asked someone but is it possible to bring in an old receipt from a recent purchase to get a duplicate receipt printed. I have this feeling that the answer is no but it might be worth a shot.

PS: If the only reason for getting a second set is for the MOC I wouldn't bother. The figures are being packed in a poly bag and thrown in a mailing carton.
    Well, it says on the order form, for the exclusives, that it has to be an original receipt. Which would eliminate the option of getting a photocopy or trying what you mentioned. It's alright though. I was planning on buying more, anyway .

But about getting a second set. No, it doesn't matter to me if they're in a regular package or not - I just like to have an extra to put away, I don't know why. Like for the Toyfare exclusive Boxing Homer, I got my limit of 3. So, I have one to put away, one to open and one to do something else with (trade, etc). Or, for a worst case scenario, if one was to get broken or something, I'd have a replacement...

End...

I started getting 2 of the Toyfare exclusives to get something extra to trade for later too. I missed out on Pin Pal Burns but was able to score my Pin Pal Moe order of 2 which I traded one for my missing PPB. It sounds like you have a good idea about getting those extra figures.