Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

McFarlane: Movie Maniacs 7 - Sucks!!

McFarlane announced their MM7 Line-up today. And it sucks arse. Only two figures are really even intresting. And neither of which are truely Movie Maniacs. McFarlane's lost their mojo clearly, with NECA gobbling up all the hot movie lines. They should have just released a Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 line. Pitiful. Here's the Line-Up.

ROBOCOP
    COLONIAL MARINE HICKS
    LEATHERFACE
    OLD MONTY
    SHERIFF HOYT
    ERIN
    12" LEATHERFACE

4 freakin' figures from the TCM 2003 movie? What the hell? It wasn't even that good. And their doing the entire line-up as basically a TCM 2003 line. With Robocop and Hicks thrown in just to make it a non TCM 2003 Series. Pitiful. McFarlane once so grand in the realm of horror, officially sucks. I'll probably get RoboCop and Hicks. But blah on the rest.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-16-2004 at 01:17 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Robocop! I've been waiting forever to have you! Oh my...I cannot wait to see how he turns out, please don't suck.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

If they're doing Robocop anyway, where's the obvious boxed figures that could go with him? An ED-909 would be gnarly, but I'd snatch up a huge Cain figure, too.

Someone needs to knock McFarlane out of his tower. . . with a baseball.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, how i've always wanted my own miniature figure of Jessica Biel to carry around, to pet, to sleep with and to hold. Thank you Mcfarlane, for making me have my own...preciousssssssssss.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'll look forward to the Hicks figure. About time we started getting some marines!! He'll go good with the Aliens figures. Robocop could be cool too, but I'm not interested enough to actually get one.

The rest sound lame-o to me also, McFarlane is taking a nosedive with this wave. We'll probably see those TCM '03 figure collect dust on the shelves for years

Movie Maniacs is done..... They've already done this line to death IMO. The few good horror licenses left are unobtainable it appears......

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Movie Maniacs is done..... They've already done this line to death IMO. The few good horror licenses left are unobtainable it appears......
    I agree with Movie Maniacs being done. Because McFarlane seems to be trying to kill it. There are so many movies and characters that still could be tapped for figures. You would think with NECA kicking their arse so much, that MM7 would have been planned to blow people away. It's sad that it sucked so bad that even loyal Toddy fanboys are moaning about it over on Spawn.Com. McFarlane Toys is dead. NECA is snapping up all the hot lines, and putting further nails in the coffin.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    McFarlane Toys is dead.
    Movie Maniacs might be dead, but his sports figures, I believe, will remain very much alive.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

It kinda sucks...... I have some really fond memories of scoring the 1st 4 or 5 waves too. I remember being sooooo excited to get these figures, hunting all over town for them..... And I remember just being totally stoked when I found the 1st few 18"ers. That Freddy is still one of my favorite toys till this day.

Then we get Aliens/Predator and I'm thinking mabye, just maybe we'll get 18" Aliens/Predators (that would rule!!!). Well I guess there could still be a chance of that happening (I hope!).

Now we get this, a total letdown in the MM line....

You're right JBF.. The sports picks will be around for a long time. And I actually really like those NFL figs! Some of the newer Spawn (statues) are really nice looking as well. I'm not a McFarlane hater, just realizing that he has killed the MM line.

No chance on the 18" Alien and Predator. Toddy did announce 12" versions of both of those. I wonder why he's going 12" now with everything, when McF used to do 18" figures. I wonder if someone else may have snagged the rights for 18" Alien and Predator figures. Hmmm. NECA maybe?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hmmm... well the fact that McF's definitely not doing them is a good sigh that NECA is (I hope!).

McFarlane, NECA....... I don't care who does the 18" Aliens/Predator... As long as someone does 'em!