Okay, yeah, I know: these have been around awhile. But, I just recently bought some Simpsons figures online. I bid on Bart, Homer, Krusty, Milhouse and Groundskeeper Willie. This line has received such acclaim, and I wanted to finally get some and see for myself. Let me just say, I wasn't really too thrilled with these, as everyone else has seemed to be...
I'll just cut right to the chase here. When did Homer Simpson ever have green shoes? Why can't Milhouse hold (basically) any of his accessories? Why can Bart barely hold his accessories? Why won't Santa's Little Helper stand up? Why (a common question in this thread) can't Krusty really hold some of his accessories?
Homer's green shoes I can live with, it's really no big deal (maybe they are green and I just think they're gray...or I got a variant ). But the fact of them releasing Milhouse with this giant Squishee and he can't even hold it, no way, no how and that it looks like he can hold his walkie-talkie, but he can't (even with that little handle. The only way to do it is to turn it around the wrong way), and that he can barely hold on to the ice cream cone is just, well, wrong. There is just no excuse. Every other figure could hold at least some of their accessories. Except: Bart has some real trouble holding that can of spray paint. Everytime I push it in his hand, it pops right out. Same with Krusty and the video camera. What, may I ask, is the point of throwing in accessories that the figures can't even hold? Why even bother? And SLH? If the surface you're putting him on is completely flat, don't even bother. It's a balancing act. So, I had to lean him against Bart.
I wanted to try to get a lot of figures, even though Series 1 will cost me a pretty penny. But now, I'm not so sure about it. Don't get me wrong though - as I'm sure I will have a lot of people arguing with me on this one. They look nice. For me, they're great display peices. I knew going in they were to have limited articulation, so that's no big deal. I just love the Simpsons and I wanted to get some of my favorite characters. But I'm disappointed with how some of this is being done, and I don't understand it.
Are all the other Simpsons figures like this? Should I continue buying them? Can anyone give me their opinions?

End...