Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Simpsons Figures...

Okay, yeah, I know: these have been around awhile. But, I just recently bought some Simpsons figures online. I bid on Bart, Homer, Krusty, Milhouse and Groundskeeper Willie. This line has received such acclaim, and I wanted to finally get some and see for myself. Let me just say, I wasn't really too thrilled with these, as everyone else has seemed to be...
    I'll just cut right to the chase here. When did Homer Simpson ever have green shoes? Why can't Milhouse hold (basically) any of his accessories? Why can Bart barely hold his accessories? Why won't Santa's Little Helper stand up? Why (a common question in this thread) can't Krusty really hold some of his accessories?
    Homer's green shoes I can live with, it's really no big deal (maybe they are green and I just think they're gray...or I got a variant ). But the fact of them releasing Milhouse with this giant Squishee and he can't even hold it, no way, no how and that it looks like he can hold his walkie-talkie, but he can't (even with that little handle. The only way to do it is to turn it around the wrong way), and that he can barely hold on to the ice cream cone is just, well, wrong. There is just no excuse. Every other figure could hold at least some of their accessories. Except: Bart has some real trouble holding that can of spray paint. Everytime I push it in his hand, it pops right out. Same with Krusty and the video camera. What, may I ask, is the point of throwing in accessories that the figures can't even hold? Why even bother? And SLH? If the surface you're putting him on is completely flat, don't even bother. It's a balancing act. So, I had to lean him against Bart.
    I wanted to try to get a lot of figures, even though Series 1 will cost me a pretty penny. But now, I'm not so sure about it. Don't get me wrong though - as I'm sure I will have a lot of people arguing with me on this one. They look nice. For me, they're great display peices. I knew going in they were to have limited articulation, so that's no big deal. I just love the Simpsons and I wanted to get some of my favorite characters. But I'm disappointed with how some of this is being done, and I don't understand it.
    Are all the other Simpsons figures like this? Should I continue buying them? Can anyone give me their opinions?

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I've been collecting the Simpsons figures from the beginning. Are you just 'now' starting to collect Simpsons figures? Reason why I ask is because the first few series of figure will cost you little more than a pretty penny. But to answer your questions...

1. Yes they are worth it.

2. Some of them won't hold some of their accessories. It's not uncommon. The way I see it, it's better to have extra accessories then to have next to none.

3. Santas Little Helper sometimes does/ doesn't stand. It's 50/50.

4. The shoes on my Homer figure are a greenish-grey ?

5. If you're starting, Mr. Burns, Smithers and especially Lisa and Grandpa will cost ya $$$. As the Simpsons line goes on, the price of early series goes up!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Another comment. The Exclusive Simpsons figures are very costly and are a pain in the butt to get.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Oh, I know how expensive they are, but thanks for the advice . I actually wasn't correct in stating that I was just starting, because I did pick up some Boxing Homer exclusives from Toyfare - the only one I did manage to get. But I never bought any to open before...
    But believe me, I do know about the price of Series 1. I tried for a Burns, Lisa and Grandpa. And let's just say they went over what I was willing to pay. These that I did manage to get came to a little over $10 each, after shipping. Not really bad, but not great, either.
    I also know that characters like Smithers, Barney, Chief Wiggum and assorted others are almost impossible to pick up unless someone is willing to pay upwards of $40 for them. I tried bidding on them, too .
    I was kinda kicking myself for not buying them from the start (and for not trying for that Radioactive Homer from Toyfare ), but now that I see the problems with these, I'm not sure I really want to collect them all. Maybe just a few more and be done with it.
    What other figures have problems holding things? Maybe I'll just keep away from them, unless they look really good...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

The WOS line is great but I feel that hit may have hit it's hey-day quite a while ago. Playmates overloaded the collectors with varient upon varient leaving many of the individual characters unmade. Now that Playmates has decided to commit to the collectors finally and give us what we really want (and not another Bart) it might be too late. Many like myself have thrown $100's into this series and have crowded shelves to show for it only to have Playmates decide to start producing figures aimed at the true Simpsons Collectors. Had this started a year ago I'm sure I would be a lot more excited about the upcoming releases but I found myself buying the last series out of habit more than excitement.

Don't get me wrong, I think the toys are great and I love having them but my patience (and slowing my pocketbook) have run dry waiting for Playmates to get their act together.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I am sick of collecting these figures, mainly because new ones are coming out ever six weeks and the playsets, which is the only way to make them talk, are to expensive to keep up with.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

I believe that they are planning on slowing down the releases for 2003 which is exactly what is needed. I'm with you BoShek, I'd stay on if Playmates didn't continue to over-run us with new stuff. It's also disheartening to have the prices continue to rise while the product remains the same.

You lot should get your butts down to www.simpsonscollectors.com and lurk in the forums for a while. Being in a simpsons-orientated community for a while might help you appreciate them more than you can from a more 'star wars' perspective.

I think they're great. Buy more! Support the line, lest playmates cancel it in favour of the Turtles!
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

Cancel . . . not a bad idea.

Well not that much. Maybe half as much figures. And no more exclusive figures!!!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

I've been reading the Simpsonscollectors website for a while now and have made some trades through the board. Even there it seems that the WOS enthusiasum has waned. Playmates is gearing this line almost exclusively for collectors with the addition of mail-away figures in the future. That's great in that it will generate a better selection of figures but it will (and already is) leading to a price increase. The price increase is what will kill this line for many collectors. A $1 increase per figure for a 6 figure series gets expensive. The dramatic increase in the Exclusive playsets such as the the bowling alley or prom set are also raping the collector of $$. $30 for 2 figures and a puny playset?

For the same price of one series of WOS (6 figures and 2 playsets) one can get an aweful lot of other stuff. I see myself diverting my WOS to other parts of my collection. I won't shed a tear if the line is canceled. It's been a fun run for a couple of years.