Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Fan Choice 4 Winner?

Okay, I'll admit it. I lost track of the Hasbro Star Wars Fan Choice Poll #4 (the one that included the McQuarrie Stormtrooper).

Does anyone out there know who won?!

I don't know how I missed the results and the Hasbro site seems to be stuck on Fan Choice #3 (Ephant Mon).
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Yep, against all logic and common sense, the worthless, waste of shelf space, Concept Stormie won.

Yes many people rejoiced, and many people cried in pain at the results.

Me, I could have cared less, as I would have bought any of them.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

What does the concept stormie look like? Could someone post a pic? (Drawing, figure, whatever...any pic will do) Thanks.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Not to be a start @ss, but it looks like a Stormtrooper and I'm pis sed. With all the figures we been waiting for years, collectors picked this, (shaking head in disbelief)I think the poll was fixed.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 09-14-2002 at 03:33 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

What were the other figures on the list? Here is a link to some art of the concept stormtrooper:

http://www.jedinet.com/cgi-bin/galle...jpg&img=32&tt=

The only difference I see is that the concept stormtrooper carries a lightsaber...
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Yep, against all logic and common sense, the worthless, waste of shelf space, Concept Stormie won.
    Funny, that's how I feel about Ephant Mon.

Here's the main thread about this: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=7390

I didn't even get to vote on that poll but I wanted the Concept Stormtrooper to win. It's not just another Stormtrooper, it has a different look and has a killer lightsaber and clear shield. Here's a small shot from one of McQuarrie's paintings where you don't get a good look at the different armor and helmet: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...=&postid=93721
    I believe there are more pics in the thread I mentioned above.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Why do you feel that way about Ephant Mon, JediTricks? He's classic and is needed. I don't care for the new Stormy because I feel that there are many more important figures to be done from the classic trilogy. I'll buy him, but I would rather have a
    new droid.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 09-14-2002 at 03:39 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Eh, it's ok, not too bad. I think I'm going to get it, although I personally wouldn't have voted for it above some of the other choices. I need more Stormies anyway, and the Saber and shield look ok too.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC