Talking How to make your own 3-3/4 lightsabers

I promised to post a pic of my custom sabers. Unfortunately, my daughter has removed all but one. The one you see here has a larger blade (fatter) but this was done to show off the glow.
    How did I make the saber? Any model builders out there? I took some old clear plastic auto model parts trees (the thing that the parts attach to) and cut various pieces to size. Then I begin sanding the plastic with a piece of 400 grit sandpaper to make the point on the saber. Once I am satisfied with the point I make the handle detail. You can't go crazy here because this plastic will break if you apply too much pressure. I use cheap hobby files to make the details. Once that's done I paint the handles with regular model paint. And what about the blade color? Believe it or not, but all I do is rub colored pencil lead on the blade and the saber is complete! It is very easy and you can create some nice customs! Best of all, the saber colors you pick should not need special effects for your dioramas!
    Enjoy!

Mace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mysaber.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	3946  
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

no replies??

Wow, I am suprised that nobody has replied to this.

MAce

Custom Sabres!! Great!!

Originally posted by Mace Windex
    Wow, I am suprised that nobody has replied to this.

MAce
    Hey Mace... Great post here on the custom sabres... I'm sure that I would go and try this... But one question... does the colour of the lead stay on the sabre?? I was thinking of those kinds of paints where if I painted it on, it would still have that translucent look... Perhaps those paints for glass painting?? I will give it a go after my exams perhaps...

Thanks for the info again!

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Yes it does! The colored pencil color does indeed stay on! Don't know why but it does!

Mace

Thanks again... I will try it but just too bad I threw all my little plastic model parts away!! Arghhh if only you had like post this like a few weeks earlier!!

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas