Thread: C2?? C3???

Hybrid View

C2?? C3???

I have some comments and questions about C2 and C3. My husband and I went to C2..even planned our wedding around the realease of AOTC and C2. We went on Saturday and I enjoyed the costumes folks were wearing and the Sacul fig among several other events but I hated how packed it was. We literally couldnt walk for all the people. I wondered to myself if the fire marshall knew that so many folks were in the building. Safety was an issue to me. I didnt like the fact that the events my hubby wanted to see were moved to another day, cancelled or they changed the time. Major disappointment. Now to my questions Are all SW conventions like this???? Packed to the gill??? Unorganized??? I'm not downing Wizards because I know this thing must have been extremly hard to put together but are they always like this??? Also..I've heard C3 will be in Indy again...now...are they going to provide more space this time??? Open up the dome???

Trust me, Silas, C2 was a whole heck of a lot better planned than C1! At least it was all indoors and under one roof!

Again, as with C1, the organizers underestimated the crowd size. I've never heard a true accurate audience figure from either convention. In Denver, it sold out on Saturday and Sunday, and I heard attendance was easily 35,000+. At C2, the Indianapolis Star reported 75,000 to 100,000 attendees, which I believe more than the 45,000 organizers say. C'mon, the line to get into the building was 10 blocks long!

If it does return to Indy in '05 (I hope it does since I'm only two hours away!!!) the entire convention center (including the Dome!) should be used.

And it you can wing it, try and go on Friday. It's less crowded. My buddy and I did all our big purchases (souveniers, autographs, free book giveaway) on Friday, so standing in like for two hours to hear Hayden Christiansen speak or see the USC theatre group didn't bother us.

Thanks OC. Wow I quess folks underestimate the volume of SW fans Indy would be cool again sence we are in WV its only a few hours away.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)