Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jango Fett Slave I Pilot - Reviewed..

I just got my hands on the lastest of the Jango Fetts... This is Jango number #5 If I'm correct as I think I'm just short of the preview one... So I will just give you guys my thoughts on the up and down points on this figure...

Sculpt : The sculpt is in my opinion is slightly better than that of say the Jango KE... The nose is slightly sharper and his eyes are slightly bigger which makes it look slightly better and more spot on... His head set makes it impossible to squeeze a helmet on it which I don't really think makes a difference... Other than that, I do not think there is much problem with the sculpt...

Articulation : This is probably the most disappointing part of this figure in my opinion... The points of articulation are his neck, arms, upper arms (slightly above the elbows), waist and his legs torso... I'm rather disturbed by his lack of articulation especially after being rather impressed with ObiWann JSP... His jetpack is not removable due to the quickdraw gimmick that comes along with it... You got to press down the missle in order for the arms to be raised... Without pressing on the missle, he just can't raise his arms... Kinda have that boyband trying to act cool look if you ask me... Yes at least he has his holsters to hold his little pistols... No change in the pistols from the Jango KE ones though...

Overall I'm pretty saddened by the lack of articulation and poseability ( is there such a word? ) of this figure... He looks rather good in the SlaveI and thats pretty much all I would say is impressive abt it... Or maybe he just looks better left carded...

Ratings :
    Sculpts $8 / $10
    Articulation $4 / $10

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Cool review, funny grading scale though I don't think any Saga figure is worth $10 . Does it fit in the Slave 1 cockpit with that backpack, and if so, does it look ok?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks JediTricks, the grading scale was kinda just for the fun of it. Like movie reviews where they rate it according to pop corn or something like that. Well anyway, the Pilot Jango does fit into the Slave I quite nicely I must say...Though it does look like he is alittle uncomfortable.

Cheers

Mine should be here any day. I do feel that this likeness is closer to Temura Morrison than the previous Jango with the removable helmet.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I wonder if this will be the last Jango Fett that we'll get, I love the character and preview Jango and kamino escape Jango were both awesome.
    I don't think Final Battle lived up to the hype, it's good that they've made a different Jango, the headsculpt looks pretty awesome

And Jango in poncho, from the cut scene that'll be on the DVD.

I don't think that this Jango was meant to have a lot of Articulation. If he fits into the Slave I correctly, and looks decent in it, then I think it got its job done.
    Powdered Toast Man!

Yes we definitely need one of him in his jammies... Helps with dioramas in his kamino room!!

I just got my Jango pilot the other day. TRU had tons of them. After opening mine, now I know why.

Chiesa is dead on in his review. Not much more I can add except that overall I am very disappointed.

He looks great on the card. I think the sculpt is very nice, but his arms are very floppy with the silly gimmick. Also, the jetpack is a permanent fixture. I don't understand. Hasbro trys to give us more accurate sculpts by giving us all these same character sculpts in different stages of dress, yet they screw up by making the jetpack permanent so they can incorporate a garbage gimmick and totally ruin an otherwise good figure. Even the picture that comes with the card, shows Jango in the pilot seat without his jetpack on. The Slave I even has a spot to hang a jetpack. Why, Hasbro, why?!?!?!

This figure would have been so much better if they had just left the gimmick out. (a helmet that fits over his head would've been nice,also.)

Be careful when using the quick draw. Mine threw his guns across the room when I used it and took a while to find. I probably wouldn't have bought this figure if I knew how sucky it was going to be. If you did buy it, you might want to leave it on the card. The KE version is much better.