Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Is anyone else completely stoked about this? I loved the book, but the first adaption, Manhunter, was a disgrace. With a cast like Harvey Keitel, Edward Norton, and Anthony Hopkins, I don't see how they could go wrong.

And the weird thing is, Edward Norton is the perfect Will Graham. He's exactly how I pictured the character in the book. Here's hoping it's better than Munhunter.

I'm really looking forward to this film, it should be great ! I've been wanting them to do this film with Anthony Hopkins for so long .
    I didn't much like Manhunter. It was an ok film, but compared to the ones with Anthony Hopkins in it was total poo!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Actually Hannibal was the biggest poo of the three. What a waste of celluloid.

Manhunter was a mediocre film when compared to Silence of the lambs, but it sits on its own merits and everybody gave good performances.

Red Dragon has Ted Tally (of SOTL) doing the screeplay, but it has Brett"Rush Hour" Ratner directing. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after that Hannibal debacle, I'm a little leary of any Lechter movies.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

This looks like it might be better than Silence of the Lambs.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I doubt I will go see this in theatres. Hannibal was just sooooo bad, I don't think I can take the risk.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I could care less about the movie, but isn't good ol' Danny Elfman composing the score? That rocks!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, Elfman is doing the score, so at least we know the music will good.

But seriously, I think this movie is going to rule. Edward Norton is one of the best (and most under appreciated) actors in Hollywood, Harvey Keitel is always cool ****, I have no complaints about Fiennes, and of course theres Anthony Hopkins.

Can't wait.
    Powdered Toast Man!

I just got free passes to a screening of Red Dragon for calling into a Texas-based movie review show. I should receive them in a day or two. I will be sure to drop by and give my reveiw after I see the film.

I was given the choice of Red Dragon or Sweet Home Alabama. I said, "Well, you just can't go wrong with Anthony Hopkins!"
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Good choice. I wouldn't see Sweet Home Alabama even with free tickets.

but reece witherspoon is the new meg ryan!!!