Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

ARGH!!! TOTALLY useless wal-mart employees

Ahem. This is what happened.
    I checked the Just Found forums and I noticed that the republic gunship is being found around my area. SO I called the local wal-mart. I asked for toys and talked to an old woman who nearly put me to sleep she spoke so slowly. So, I clearly asked "Hi, do you have the Star Wars Republic Gunship?". She said "yes we do". I was like "SWEET!!!"; I got in the car and got down there at the SPEED OF LIGHT.
    and guess what they had there!

Not

A

THING

I was thinking to myself "ok, they've remodeled stuff recently, maybe it's hiding around another corner.
    NOTHING.
    And so I found this incredibly helpful 80 year-old woman who "helped" me. I told her that I had just called asking about the republic gunship, and that they didn't have it. She asked me if I looked in the lego isle.....
    I told her that no! because I was talking about the one that goes with the FIGURES! I thanked her in the rudest tone I could summon.

Now I've worked in retail, and I've always tried to do my hardest to help the customer find what they're looking for, therefore I KNOW the merchandise. and If I dont, I find someone who does and I LOOK AROUND, then tell them what we have. Clearly she didn't even take the time to walk the whole two feet down to the saga section (because she was an isle down from the lego isle stocking stuff). Now seriously- how could you work in the TOY section and not know about STAR WARS FIGURES?!?!?!? And given that, WOULDN'T YOU TELL THE PERSON THAT IT'S THE LEGO VERSION?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So here I sit, lacking gunship, and feeling that terrible feeling of crushed excitement. All thanks to one useless wal-mart employee.
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

Well, people can't read your mind. And all you said judging by your post is, "Star Wars Republic Gunship". So it wasn't her fault they didn't have it. She did her best to look for you, and saw what you were looking for. Besides, calling is useless most of the time anyway. So don't get mad at her for not being able to read your mind. So with all due respect, she did help you. It's not her fault that you didn't make it clearly known what you were looking for. You should be sorry for being rude to her, when it was your fault.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

You could've always asked her which one it was on the phone also.

Lets just say I work at a convenience store. Hypothetical situation- Someone asks me if we carry cigarretes. Would I say "Yes"? Of course! Would I ask them what kind they're looking for? YES!!!
    if she was to do the best she could to look for me, she would have told me more accurately what they had. She could have easily been a lot nicer about it to, instead of just grumbling off as she so clearly did.
    I've called there many times in the past and every time (pretty much) they've asked me if I wanted this or if I wanted that. Like when I was calling around about Vader Unleashed they always told me what they had for unleashed stuff- she made it seem like her only objective was to get me off the phone as soon as possible. again, not good customer service at all.
    Last edited by Darth Detori; 09-15-2002 at 06:03 PM.

It was your fault, you didn't say exactly what you were looking for. Just because someone works in the Toy Dept. doesn't give them magical powers to know what you are looking for. I could call them up and be vague and ask... "Do you have C-3PO?" If they go and look, they are going to say yes if they see the Saga basic figure, or the Deluxe figure.

Next time be more clear on the phone when you call, and respect the people that try to help you. She doesn't collect Star Wars, she looked and told you they had what you said you were looking for. It's your fault entirely for not being clearer, and not asking wether or not if it was the Hasbro or Lego version.

You expect her to accuratly tell you what they have, and you don't find it wrong that you didn't tell her exactly and accuratly what you were looking for. That is a pretty silly thing to say, especially when both products have the exact same name. Again, you were totally at fault for the mistake.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

alright, I'll say I'm half at fault (in that I should have specified), though she could have just as easily specified as well.

Darth Detori, why don't you try stepping in this lady's shoes? Think about it, she's 80 years old. Chances are she is NOT a collector. If she sees Star Wars Republic Gunship on a box, she considers it in. I'm sure it wasn't her malicious intent to make you waste time or gas going there.
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

Originally posted by Darth Detori
    Lets just say I work at a convenience store. Hypothetical situation- Someone asks me if we carry cigarretes. Would I say "Yes"? Of course! Would I ask them what kind they're looking for? YES!!!
    I've called there many times in the past and every time (pretty much) they've asked me if I wanted this or if I wanted that. Like when I was calling around about Vader Unleashed they always told me what they had for unleashed stuff- she made it seem like her only objective was to get me off the phone as soon as possible. again, not good customer service at all.

It all comes down to specifics. The stores have had the Lego Gunship for months, and you're assuming that she knew there was a new version out. 'Vader Unleashed' is specific. 'Star Wars Republic Gunship' isn't as of this month.

The cigarette analogy isn't a good one, because its a product associated with brand name - Camels, Reds, etc. Specifics.

So don't flame this woman behind her back. You got an answer based on the information you gave her. I'm sure you've made the same mistake yourself...

Yes it would've been better if you would've specified the kind
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Only half at fault?

I'd set your culpability more around 90%.