Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Favorite Stephen King Story Turned Movie

I'll probably get harassed for this, but mine would be Stand By Me

I just watched it for the first time in years last night and the acting is great. Very memorable. Although, the original Shining and Shawshank Redemption are a close 2nd. However, I haven't seen Dreamcatcher yet so this may change!

Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The Shining!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

The two Lando mentioned have to be my faves too.

Opposite time: Your favorite King story turned into a really bad movie. Mine: The Dark Half. runner up-Running Man.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I did like Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption

I thought Apt Pupil was horrible. The book was so much better and the movie was so watered down. Great casting as the great "Gandalf" (Ian) for the old man!

I did truly enjoy The Stand Miniseries also.

From the novels of his I have read, and seeing most of them turned into movies, there have been some disappointments. Like Salem's Lot, that book rocked in so many ways, but the made for tv movie just didn't have any of that kick. Thinner was cool as a movie, Joe Mantegna made it worthwhile. But Pet Sematary takes the prize when it comes to being brought from novel to the screen. I read Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, and I can say the movie was better than the original written form. Green Mile, good movie, but it was like an exact copy of what was brought to screen. Good or bad, depends. Then there's the likes of The Dead Zone, Misery, and Stand By Me, all superb efforts.

As for what went wrong: Graveyard Shift, The Lawnmower Man, and Sleepwalkers. That's all I got, folks.

EDIT-You're probably wondering why I left off Maximum Overdrive....it's because that movie just rocks. Emilio at his greatest.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Shawshank Redemption definitely!

Just watched Dreamcatcher too and I was pretty impressed with that, except the end part...coulda done something different.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

No one's said Cat's Eye yet?

I'd have to say his three great dramatic stories turned into his three best movies: The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, and Stand By Me. I'd love to see an animated version of Eyes of the Dragon, but I don't see it happening.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wow that is tough. Iliked Cat's Eye, Pet Semetary, Green Mile, Shawshank, Stand by Me. I want them to make The Talisman into a movie. I think that would be good.

Apt Pupil was the worst and not far behind was the Langoliers.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten