Thread: Paints?!?!

Question Paints?!?!

Ok to anyone who has some knowledge of paints... I'm not really into model making or pottery etc... But I was just curious abt trying to make more customisation of my Star Wars figs...

What paints who you guys recommend to paint onto the figures? Acrylic paints perhaps or are there any other?

For thesculpey, what paints can I use so that when I paint on the sculpey, there isn't such a big difference in say the richness in the colours on the clay model sculpey and on the figure which is made of plastic?

Cheers...
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Re: Paints?!?!

Originally posted by Chiesa
    Ok to anyone who has some knowledge of paints... I'm not really into model making or pottery etc... But I was just curious about trying to make more customisation of my Star Wars figs...
    I use Testors Acrylic and Enamel(For boots mainly,because its shiny/wet looking).I also use those Acrylic paints that come in big squeezable tubes(There are many names) for around a dollar.These are good ,I found,for dioramas or I keep a tube of white handy for Stormtrooper touch ups,since there is not much detail I'm working with.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I use Acrylic paint for most projects that involve figure customization and Testor (Enamel) model paint for Boots and Gloves, like InsaneJediGirl mentioned. Acrylic comes in many different brands like Delta Ceramcoat and Accent Country colors for example. These can be found in hobby and crafts stores for a very cheap price. When you are done with your project use a water base varnish and sealer that can be found in the places mentioned above. Good luck and take care.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Hey thats great help... Thanks yo all!! I should be trying it out pretty soon...

Cheers...
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas