Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lott Dod and Watto

I just got this pair today and wanted to blather about them for a wee while.

Lott Dod - what took so long?
    It's a nice figure if somewhat limited in artuiculation. neck, waist and shoulders all move great. He has articulated hips but his lower robe isn't split so that's somewhat redundant since you can't move his legs at all. The arms really needed elbow joints of some kind because the posing f the arms makes them look a little awkward if raised. The outer cape is removable and that's dandy but pretty pointless to anyone exept customisers really. The hat is also removable which is great for customisers but begs the question "why weren't Nute and Rune's hats also removable?" a disparity I feel.
    Lott's eyes are badly executed and yellow in colour rather than the red of the movie mask. His eyes blend into his face in the figure rather than glare malevolently like the character in the movie. it's a shame because the sculpting on this figure is top notch. All the folds of the fabric, the fabric details and ripples, the sculpting of the fabric weave gives asense that this costume is very warm and very heavy.
    Lott's hat is extremely snug fitting.
    I just cannot understand why this figure was shelved for so long.

Watto the flutterby.
    It's a new sculpt mostly, his face is a nicely grinning variation on his leer in the episode one version. The hat is a little small to be a pit droid head plate but there ya go. The new costume is tooled well enough with a decent pain application. Wattos' colouring is a little garish but at least it matches that of his episode one counterpart.
    The newly sculpted feet are nice just dangling below him as he floats on his clear stand.
    The wings leave much to be desired, neither giving the appearance of wings in motion oranything much else besides. I was put in mind of a flower or something... The wings just aren't clearly defined as in motion. IMO it totally ruins the figure. If you attempt to stand Watto without his clear support rod (his feet are sculpted in such a way that standing should be possible) he falls over under the weight of that mass of wing.

It's just a big fussy mess of nothing much and would have been better left to a sculpture not an action figure. The episode one version worked fine with static wings so there was no reason to foul up this version with this - mess.

The clear stand that Watto comes with is fine for having Watto suspended about waist height to a human character. The base is the perfect size though for a basic action figure stand and if Hasbro heed the collectors they will utilise thisa base and start including it as a stand with future releases.

cool, both figures i'm really looking forward to finding.
    thanks for the "review"
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Lott was kept off for so long probably cause Nute & Rune were peg warmers.

Now if they'd just make,

Tey How
    The "Stunted Slime." Daulty Dofine.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 09-17-2002 at 04:48 PM.

I hope to find Lott soon, I just wish he came with a differant hologram then Darth Sidious. (I know thats what he was talking to in the movie, but we already the one that came with Dooku.)
    Powdered Toast Man!

Lott never spoke to Sidious, at least not in the movie. He was the vocal opposition to Amidala's plea to the Senate. He could have come with is a Neimoidian bird cage w/ stand, for a 'scheming in the apartment' scene.

I must say, Lott makes the first Neimoidians look bad. His natural wrinkles put to shame the overaccented Episode 1 style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neimoidia.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	3963  

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Lott never spoke to Sidious, at least not in the movie. He was the vocal opposition to Amidala's plea to the Senate. He could have come with is a Neimoidian bird cage w/ stand, for a 'scheming in the apartment' scene.

I must say, Lott makes the first Neimoidians look bad. His natural wrinkles put to shame the overaccented Episode 1 style.
    Hey is that Dod's girl friend Dureta??I hear she's being released in Feb 2003.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

the ones they made with the es 1 sets where their first couple of times. it is nice to see that hasbro can still make nice looking figures.

I really like that hat you got for Duros, Lord Tenebrous. LOL! Yeah its about time they released Lott Dodd.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

It's actually from a particular figure-comedy series:

http://www.pegwarmer.com/figures/DD26.html

(I didn't think the hat would get much attention, but it's there for a reason)

Thanks for the link LT! That's some funny shizzz there.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!