Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dasgoot welcome to the forums. with one guy working on on a three i see why their was a hard time keeping up. i will problem give toy fair another chance after my specation to your compation runs out.

Welcome aboard, DasGoot. It's nice to see someone from one of the top three toy magazines actually interact online. I definatly give you props in that department. I should give ToyFare another shot I guess, your letters column and some of the comedic touches are a breath of fresh air. You guys need to bring back Zac's column though. Oh, and before I forget. Here's your complimentary gift basket of duct tape and POTJ Jar Jar Binks action figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

NO, please DO NOT bring back that dog !

Exhaust Port, I wasn't referring to the article itself. All I meant was that the cover said "Toy you won't believe", I opened to the masthead and saw a pic of Mark Hammill, and THEN saw the smaller print describing the article that would be appearing later in the issue. If anything, my "complaint" is that I got hyped up over a cool custom, because I want one !
    Touche.

Greetings, DasGoot.
    Don't be fooled by JJB's flattery, he bags on your mag every chance he gets!

Ok, I admit it. But I was trying to be civil. Damn you Caesar. Yes, I do have problems with the magazine, but I did occassionally find it funny. A few times it was much to crude for my tastes. For serious news, I'll stick to Tomarts. For less serious news and a decent price guide, AFN&TR. And when I want to laugh, ToyFare is there. I just don't take them seriously, including their Price Guide.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ya know, I get that about the price guide a lot. Very few people take price guides seriously at all. (And to be honest, I'm still cleaning up the mess it was in when I got here. I still haven't had a chance to wade into all the Star Wars lines and double check the listings. It takes enough time just to do the regular price changes.) Eh, it's not the first time I've had a job that gets no respect.

I don't know why we got a reputation for being off in the news area. We always go to the companies for verification of stories before we print. It's not like we print wild rumors. Often they change production plans after the fact, but it's not like we make things up.

Wow, every changes their tune when someone from the magazine shows.

Hey Jon, your signature shows Anime Invasion in addition to Toy Fair. Don't be offended but I've never heard of it. Is it a magazine/website/store? Would you happen to know what's happening with Sunward and their advertised Macross Valkyrie's (as advertised in Toyfair)? Just curious, thanks.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Well I'll show my support for my beloved Toyfare, at least. I've never missed an issue, even through the years I didn't give half a crap about toys. And Dasgoot, I appreciate how difficult, monotonous and eyeball-numbing it must be to work on the price guide, so you have my respect. All you guys just keep up the great work.

And, on topic, I didn't find the article confusing at all.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Wow, every changes their tune when someone from the magazine shows.
    Yep, I took the opportunity to renew my criticism of that dog's column.

Originally posted by TheFrankEinstein
    And, on topic, I didn't find the article confusing at all.
    Me neither, the index just got me excited.

Anime Invasion is one our special magazines, like the Spider-man or Ultimate one shot mags that we put out every other month. This year we upped it to a quarterly release and next year it'll be out bi-monthly. It basically covers the Japanese market, mainly Anime and Manga, but also video games and swag. It's available at the same locations that sell ToyFare.

As for the Sunwards issue, nobody's heard from them for a while. (I post a lot on the Macrossworld.com site as well, and the admins, who are close with Yamato, haven't heard a thing either.)
    Jon Gutierrez
    price guide editor
    ToyFare Magazine
    http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare.cfm

I might just have to check out your magazine.

With the stuff coming out of Bandai and Yamato and perhaps even Toynami the loss of Sunwards won't disappoint this collector. Of course with so much hitting the market at once it's hard to keep track of everything. Perhaps you can pressure the powers that be to cover this market in depth in either Toyfare or the Anime Invasion.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.