Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I agree with Jargo regarding Pernilla. She rocked the hizzy!

I actually liked the part where Rick kept saying "f**k" all the time! He's such a potty mouth... it's amazing he has time to eat when his gob's all a flappin' like that!

I love the opening on the TF ship and I love the battle scenes in and around Theed as well as the Senate scenes on Coruscant.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 10-31-2001 at 02:25 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I loved the Pod Race but my favorate part is Obi-Wan and Darth Maul going at full speed ahead.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by master jedi
    But Obi-Wan didn't see the race. He was at the queen's starship.
    Hey snakeplkn, Master Jedi got you there!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by master jedi
    ---
    Originally posted by snakeplkn
    Anakin shows why Obi-Wan thinks he's a good pilot.
    ---
    But Obi-Wan didn't see the race. He was at the queen's starship.
    This is interesting to me, because while now true, originally there was no Qui-Gon at all and his whole part in the film was Obi-Wan's, so it seems like Lucas did originally mean for this to explain the older Obi-Wan's comments about Anakin being a great pilot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anakin still has two whole movies to show Obi that hes a great pilot.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

"When I first met your father, he was already a great pilot but I was amazing at how strongly the Force was with him."

That's pretty much OB1's exact quote. However, we know he has a tendency to stretch the truth. Maybe Qui-Gonn told him the whole story of the podrace and he's taking his word for it. Then of course there is also the story of Anakin flying into the Droid Control ship and blowing it up which I'm sure was related to Ob1 with much excitement by Anakin himself. His realization of Anakin's Force potential could have come while on their way back to Coruscant or it could just be OB1 taking credit for Qui-Gonn's discovery.

"I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi."

Definitely a twisting of the truth, however not completely inaccurate since at the end of Ep1 OB1 did decide to train Anakin "with or without the Council's permission."

The reason I find OB1 so interesting is that he is slightly two-faced and thus very much like people I know in real life. He's a truly flawed hero, but a hero nonetheless.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Obi-Wan didn't see Anakin in the Pod Race or fly in and blow up the Droid Control Ship but that doesn't mean Obi-Wan won't see Anakin fly a ship (after all there is two more films).
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Thumbs up

My favorite part is the deleted waterfall scene. George was soooo close to offing Jar Jar in that scene. Everytime I rewatch it I secretly hope it will end differently with a big orange puddle at the base of the waterfall.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Barada, your quote doesn't say that Obi-Wan actually views Anakin being a great pilot, only that he WAS a great pilot. For all we know, Obi-wan is referring to him being told about Anakin being a podracer or piloting a Naboo fighter. I think there will be just enough room to maneuver in that ROTJ line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know what's the big deal with this pilot controversy. How would Obi-Wan not know about the pod race or the Naboo battle? Where do you think he was, testing everyone for midicholorians? I can just imagine it now …

Obi-Wan: “Master, how did you find a spare hyperdrive?”
    Qui-Gon: “Shut up and get back to those petry dishes “

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"