Hey folks lets have some fun disscussion with this one. I invite your thoughts and ideas for these.
It seems so far that the Republic gunship has been a hit with the collectors. So hopefully it will be a big sellar with the kids and collectors alike and it will urge hasbro to release more Clone related vehicles and possibly playsets next year.
So what do you guys think we might likely see next year. And what type of features would you like to see on each item? And speculate what you think the prices should be? Or more realistically what they would be.
I personally would like to see all these items, and I really think the Gunship is a success we might be getting these in the near future.
1. Dwarf Spider Droid - this has already been rumored, so it will probably come to be. In scale to the figures it really shouldn't be too big, so it will most likely be a deluxe figure. I would simply like it to have some great articulation in it's joints, but some electronic sounds or firing missile's wouldn't be too much to ask.
2. Large Spider Droid - Am I wrong when I say this would probably be about as wide as the acklay but a little taller? So considering that, and even if it had some basic electronics it would probably be priced around $15.00. Some electronics would be cool on this, but they're not needed. Mainly some size accuracy and nice joint articulation is what i'd like to see.
3. Hail Fire Droid - Now this is something I really wanna see. They could probably price it around $20 to $25. But you could really do some fun stuff with the electronics on this one, such as motorized rolling action, how fun would that be to have a couple of these things rolling at your armies and fly your gunship over them And of course they need to have some great spring action on the rockets so they can fire all those clusters of rockets far distances. Hasbro's been doing some great vehicles for the episode II line so i'm sure they could get this one down.
4. AT-TE - this is a must as well. From looking at images of this in the art of book, it's really not to massive. It would most likely be about as long as the AT-AT toy but shorter and squatier of course. I'm sure they could make a great one and price it around $50 bucks. Some pulsing cannons similar to the AT-AT would be great on this, along with room to house some pilots and troops of course. Add some firing missiles and some great walking joints for the legs and I think we'd have a winner. And that chair long gun on the top has some major play options.
5. AT-TE Gunship dropship - now this is one that has less likelyhood of being produced, but it would be pretty fun if they did. It could have some release clamps with easy access near the handle similar to the button for the opening doors on the drop ship.
6. So how about some small out off scale (but who cares) playset options. I'm not sure what they're called, but remember the large tower things with the fuel cells that the gunships blew up. How about a scalled down one of these with blow apart fuel cells, perhaps add in some other features and pack in accessories? Add your thoughts on this and other playset options.
The last half hour of Attack of the Clones has so many play options to milk, so lets hope that Hasbro goes for it and while we're waiting lets speculate, and talk about what we wanna see in a possible Clone Wars Assortment for next year