Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb How about a Clone Wars assortment :)

Hey folks lets have some fun disscussion with this one. I invite your thoughts and ideas for these.

It seems so far that the Republic gunship has been a hit with the collectors. So hopefully it will be a big sellar with the kids and collectors alike and it will urge hasbro to release more Clone related vehicles and possibly playsets next year.

So what do you guys think we might likely see next year. And what type of features would you like to see on each item? And speculate what you think the prices should be? Or more realistically what they would be.

I personally would like to see all these items, and I really think the Gunship is a success we might be getting these in the near future.

1. Dwarf Spider Droid - this has already been rumored, so it will probably come to be. In scale to the figures it really shouldn't be too big, so it will most likely be a deluxe figure. I would simply like it to have some great articulation in it's joints, but some electronic sounds or firing missile's wouldn't be too much to ask.

2. Large Spider Droid - Am I wrong when I say this would probably be about as wide as the acklay but a little taller? So considering that, and even if it had some basic electronics it would probably be priced around $15.00. Some electronics would be cool on this, but they're not needed. Mainly some size accuracy and nice joint articulation is what i'd like to see.

3. Hail Fire Droid - Now this is something I really wanna see. They could probably price it around $20 to $25. But you could really do some fun stuff with the electronics on this one, such as motorized rolling action, how fun would that be to have a couple of these things rolling at your armies and fly your gunship over them And of course they need to have some great spring action on the rockets so they can fire all those clusters of rockets far distances. Hasbro's been doing some great vehicles for the episode II line so i'm sure they could get this one down.

4. AT-TE - this is a must as well. From looking at images of this in the art of book, it's really not to massive. It would most likely be about as long as the AT-AT toy but shorter and squatier of course. I'm sure they could make a great one and price it around $50 bucks. Some pulsing cannons similar to the AT-AT would be great on this, along with room to house some pilots and troops of course. Add some firing missiles and some great walking joints for the legs and I think we'd have a winner. And that chair long gun on the top has some major play options.

5. AT-TE Gunship dropship - now this is one that has less likelyhood of being produced, but it would be pretty fun if they did. It could have some release clamps with easy access near the handle similar to the button for the opening doors on the drop ship.

6. So how about some small out off scale (but who cares) playset options. I'm not sure what they're called, but remember the large tower things with the fuel cells that the gunships blew up. How about a scalled down one of these with blow apart fuel cells, perhaps add in some other features and pack in accessories? Add your thoughts on this and other playset options.

The last half hour of Attack of the Clones has so many play options to milk, so lets hope that Hasbro goes for it and while we're waiting lets speculate, and talk about what we wanna see in a possible Clone Wars Assortment for next year

Hey there great open thread that you started here Jad... Anyway regarding your option 6, I think you are refering to federation ships... Those are really really huge biggies!! I higly doubt that Hasbro would actually consider making that... Maybe some micro machine playset perhaps... But even that I highly doubt it...

I think some of the stuff that you mentioned earlier are just some of cool ideas that I myself would love to see in the upcoming year!! * Fingers Crossed!! * But I don't really know the exact names of them myself... I noticed in the movies where this huge spider like thingey was blowing up all the republic tanks and armies up... Didn't have a clue to what it is called... So thanks for the info... Yes the Dwarf Spider Droid looks like it can be a hit!

I perhaps would like to see a command centre playset... I think that would be cool if someone would like to create a diorama or something like that... It could come with a bonus clone commander with a Bino or something like that... I think a price of say $15 would be cool!!

Did I miss anything out? I will just think abt it later and go to dreamland now.... zzzzzzzz

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Oh yeah I forgot about the Mobile Command Center, thats a great option as well. I'm sure alot of people would love to see that. I think all these clone related battle things would sell well with kids too.

Great ideas, jad! The AT-TE is the number one vehicle on my Star Wars want list right now. I think it would be about the size of the AT-AT, except for the height of course. If it is only slightly taller than the Gunship then I don't see why it needs to cost $10 more.

Of course, the other things we need to really pull all this off would be a neutral posed, highly articulated (12-points minimum - GI Joe articulation) Clonetrooper and a Battle Droid that is not made of rubber (a red version of the POTJ Security Battledroid would suffice). The Clonetroopers should be all white, with a red, yellow, blue and green four pack available through the fan club.

Oh yeah, we shouldn't forget the Mobile Laser Cannons, that took out the Trade Federation Control ship orb, and the Command Platform that Yoda wanted to be dropped off at.

As for the Trade Federation Control Ship orb, make it about 2.5-3 feet in diameter and open up to double as a toy box/figure case. To reduce costs and pricepoint, cut it in half and make it so that you can buy two halves and clip them together to make a complete ship.

The giant Republic Deployment Craft (the mini-Star Destroyers) could also be made to double as a figure carrying case, similar to the vintage Rebel Cruiser.

Great list!!! But the way Hasbeendonebeforehasbro been going- well get another X-wing, Landspeeder, Snowspeeder, AT-ST, ESB Slave 1 (already rumors on it), AOTC Slave1, Jedistarfighter, and just in time for Christmas- another X-wing for 2003.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I actually wasn't thinking about the droid control ship orbs, I was thinking about the cylindircal towers with the fuel cells. The part where anakin says. "Aim right above the fuel cells." and they show a shot of it getting hit and toppling over, that thing is quite a bit smaller than the control ship orbs, they could make one and add stuff to it to make a playset.

Originally poster by jad
    6. So how about some small out off scale (but who cares) playset options. I'm not sure what they're called, but remember the large tower things with the fuel cells that the gunships blew up. How about a scalled down one of these with blow apart fuel cells, perhaps add in some other features and pack in accessories? Add your thoughts on this and other playset options.
    Are these the thingamajigs you are talking about, jad? (circled in red):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thingamajig.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	3997  

Yeah BigBarada those are the things. They would be cool with explodable fuel cell action or something.

Originally posted by jad
    I actually wasn't thinking about the droid control ship orbs, I was thinking about the cylindircal towers with the fuel cells. The part where anakin says. "Aim right above the fuel cells." and they show a shot of it getting hit and toppling over, that thing is quite a bit smaller than the control ship orbs, they could make one and add stuff to it to make a playset.
    That's the Techno Union Transport. Geonosian Starfighters would be nice too!!
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Yes I knew I was forgetting something, thos Geo Starfighters would be an excellent addition Thanks Jedi Hunter.