Hybrid View

Question GI Joe vs Star Wars 12 inch detail

Why is it Hasbro can sell a more detailed GI JOE doll for $7.99 and we have to pay $19.99 for a less detailed Star Wars figure?
    I was in Walmart today and was scoping out the Joes. These guys came with many accessories and very well detialed clothing. So tell me, why are the 12 inch Star Wars figures more expensive and LESS detailed?
    Maybe Hasbro should just make a "JEDI Accessory" set that includes several lightsabers, A few different Jedi cloaks (to clothe those who came without the cloaks) and maybe some other items.
    C'mon Hasbro! If you are going to charge us an arm and a leg for the figures at least give us some accessories to go with them.

Mace
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

Part of the reason it costs more is simply because it is Star Wars. Licensing is an expensive business. Hasbro owns GI Joe, but they don't own Star Wars. They have to pay George Lucas in order to make Star Wars stuff, and they pass that expense on to the customer.

Originally posted by Sinister Lord
    They have to pay George Lucas in order to make Star Wars stuff, and they pass that expense on to the customer.
    Good point. I'd love to know what percentage of the purchase price goes to fill the already bursting coffers of The (Lucas) Empire Anybody have any ideas?
    It may be the early bird that gets the worm,
    but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

Yeah, I guess I left that part out . However, remember when EP 1 stuff went on clearance? You could buy figs for 75% off! Man, what does it cost these stores???
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

i would agree that it's costs hasbro more to make a 12 inch star wars figure, but i still don't understand why hasbro continues to use it's old hall of fame body. hasbro has had a decent GI Joe body in their line(like jango's body) since 1996. there is no excuse for them to still be using an over 10 year old body, unless there is a whole warehouse full of them in china, which i doubt.

what i really don't understand is hasbro's inconsistent practice of releasing a really great product(jango, dooku) and then at the same time releasing a really bad figure like zam wesell. if hasbro had simply used their "jane" body, made the head a bit smaller, and given her an actual shirt instead of purple arms, they would of had a winner of a figure.