Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

'Alien Vs. Predator' News!!

I swore we had a thread dedicated to this upcoming movie, but amazingly we don't really have one. Just several mentions of it in a couple Alien threads. Well, as we all heard there will be a teaser trailer attached to the ALIEN: Director's Cut that comes out this Halloween. But we have our first bit of casting news.

As you all may or may not know, this is supposed to be set roughly around current time. And I find the addition of Lance Henriksen to the cast quite intresting. I'm betting that he steals technology from the pyramid that allows him to create the Bishop series androids. And I find it intresting they used a pyramid, as the original design plans for ALIEN had a pyramid full of eggs on LV-426.
    Alien vs Predator (Current Release Date: 8/6/2004)
    Set in the early 21st century (ie, now), this movie follows a team of drillers, scientists and archaeologists who travel to Antarctica to investigate ancient pyramid ruins buried deep beneath the ice which predate those in Egypt and Mexico, suggesting they were once the home of a great empire that ruled over the Earth first. When they finally reach one of the pyramids, however, they discover human skeletons and fossilized remains of alien creatures that appear to hug faces and burst out of chests (wink wink), along with evidence that such aliens may still be alive somewhere in the ruins. The danger below them is frightening, but what the scientists also don't know is that something as dangerous lurks above them, happy to have had someone open up the Aliens uncovered: Predators.
    Lance Henriksen Cast in Alien vs. Predator!
    Source: Variety Monday, September 29, 2003

Actor Lance Henriksen, who played Bishop in the Alien films, has become the first actor cast in Alien vs. Predator, Fox's upcoming matchup between two cult characters.

Henriksen will portray a billionaire industrialist who finances an expedition to the Antarctic to uncover an ancient pyramid and insists on joining the scientists on the journey. When they arrive, they discover two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle.

Paul W.S. Anderson is directing the film, Shane Salerno and Anderson wrote the script. The movie begins shooting late October in Prague.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Sounds dang cool!!!!!!!!!! I like the use of Antartica housing an ancient civilization. Theory--Atlantis motif...alright!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I don't know, the last time we had the "aliens buried in Antartica" senerio it was in that awful X-files movie.

About this movie, I'm disappointed that they placed it on earth and that they placed it during current time. This means that humans had exposure to the Aliens creature well before the future time of Alien/Aliens. I'm not a big fan of these plot additions that are miraculously erased from the memory banks to allow pre-existing movie plots. It's like the Borg appearing in the current Star Trek show. Plus having aliens appear on Earth for the first time is a big plot development for the next Alien movie, which takes place well into the future.

I would be alright with it if they had it take place on a different planet in the not so distant future, but not Earth.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    It's like the Borg appearing in the current Star Trek show.
    That is why the theory going around now is that Entrerprise is not about the history of the ST universe as we know it but of the Mirror Universe. Even in one of Shatner's novels he mentions that when the public was made aware of the existence of the Borg coming to the past it created the Mirror Universe.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

If shooting doesn't even start until October, how could they already have a teaser trailer by then?

Teaser trailers don't have to show any actual footage from the film. That's why it's a teaser. They might show a picture of the predator and alien and say Coming Soon or whatever.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah, it sounds like a stretch. The whole concept is that these things are "ALIENS" hence non-terrestial entities. And I don't want any smart-A saying they could still be alien and were brought here ages ago. This is a cheap plot device just to make a cartoon/comic book into a movie. Please Hollywood screenwriters, get a life and some originality.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

That's what I'm thinking, too, MC. I don't expect the movie to really add anything to the series of either one, it's just going to be a movie where Predators and Aliens get to fight to the delight of audiences. Whether or not it'll be good, I don't know. I look at this movie like a comic book series. Like when the Predators took on Skynet or when Robocop fought Skynet in that video game, it's just something to show what might happen if they ever met. Is this good or bad? We'll find out when we see the movie.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    That's what I'm thinking, too, MC. I don't expect the movie to really add anything to the series of either one, it's just going to be a movie where Predators and Aliens get to fight to the delight of audiences. Whether or not it'll be good, I don't know. I look at this movie like a comic book series. Like when the Predators took on Skynet or when Robocop fought Skynet in that video game, it's just something to show what might happen if they ever met. Is this good or bad? We'll find out when we see the movie.
    Well they sure as heck pulled it off in Freddy vs Jason. That was in no way even close to a letdown.:happy:
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Uh, why did they cast Bishop in this flick? I don't get that. You would think that they would maybe get some fresh faces in the Alien Saga. Hell, you might as well bring back Hudson so he can yell "Game over man!" for 20 minutes. Why not bring back Newt as well, give her some artillery too.

I couldn't careless about the time of the film as long as it's a good story. As long as the story is solid, it could take place in 1865 for all i care.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"