Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Brian's Toys Cantina Sets

Wow! Not only do they blatantly offer something that they so obviously "steal" from Walmart shelves (unless they have a "foreign" distributor, but even so...), check out these prices...

Saga Cantina Scene Greedo Price: $17.99
    Saga Cantina Scene Hammerhead Price: $17.99
    Saga Cantina Scene Ponda Baba Price: $17.99

I understand that they are "providing" a "service" to those individuals who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to obtain certain collectables, but Haysuess Christos, talk about a markup! You couldn't do that well in the stockmarket, even when it was at it's best. I mean, I can sort of understand a profit margin on a vintage collectable, but this stuff is still warm from the mold.

How do y'all feel about such a) blatant "stealing" of exclusives off shelves, and b) significant markups of brand new items?

Re: Brian's Toys Cantina Sets

Originally posted by stillakid
    Wow! Not only do they blatantly offer something that they so obviously "steal" from Walmart shelves (unless they have a "foreign" distributor, but even so...), check out these prices...

I understand that they are "providing" a "service" to those individuals who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to obtain certain collectables, but Haysuess Christos, talk about a markup! You couldn't do that well in the stockmarket, even when it was at it's best. I mean, I can sort of understand a profit margin on a vintage collectable, but this stuff is still warm from the mold.

How do y'all feel about such a) blatant "stealing" of exclusives off shelves, and b) significant markups of brand new items?
    Wow, they are marking it up almost 100% up from the retail price. From what I've heard about Brain's Toys, they are the one SW place that extracts the most flesh and blood from customers as far as money is concerned.

That's why I don't shop online or use E-Bay. I even hate paying inflated retail prices like those found at Ames and Kay-Bee sometimes. When I get a decent paying job, maybe then I will have to resort to these places, but as for now, 'I's gots to eat--don't I?'

That's why I like the trade section on the forums. You can find most of what you are looking for (even some rare/htf ones) in the buying/selling or trading section of these forums.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

stillakid - how do I feel about it?
    I feel they should come to my local Wal-Mart and clear a few more of these pegwarmers out of my way !

Seriously though, I'm surprised one of the three sets isn't marked up a few dollars more than the others to give the impression of scarcity . . .

*Runs off giggling to E-Mail Brian's Toys*

Wow, the Greedo set is only $17.99. Didn't you guys know that he's shortpacked at only 2 per case and the others are 3 per case. He's really rare. I feel like I totally ripped you guys off with the deal I got.

*Wonders how long after getting that E-Mail, that they raise the price.*

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I have always thought that Brian's Toys prices have been ridiculous......but obviously people out there are paying it, or they would continue to be so high. If I absolutely have to use the internet to get figures, I usually go through Yestertoys.....they are reasonably priced.
    "Who's the jedi that get's all the chicks??...................MACE!!...............Ya Dammmmn Right!"

It wasn't just the Cantina Sets that were overpriced, check out the price on the Landspeeder, Watto, and Lott Dodd!

from Brian's Toys Fastest News Letter #169
    3 3/4" Carded Figures:

Lott Dodd Price $13.99
    Watto Price $13.99

Saga Unleashed Darth Tyranus Price: $24.99
    Saga Unleashed Mace Windu Price: $24.99

Saga Vehicles Landspeeder Price: $34.99

Vintage Loose Darth Vader Telescoping Saber
    Figure is C-9 Telescoping Saber is C-8.5
    Price: $2,495.99
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I use Brian's Toys to pick up vintage or old POTF2 figures, but I have learned to avoid them when buying new stuff. I know that they get their initial shipments directly from China (or wherever), so that is why they seem to have everything so early, usually.

Although I will have a hard time controlling myself when Ephant Mon is released.

It;s bad when they already have the TRU Silver R2-D@ and charging OUTRAGEOUS scalper prices for it.

I always stick to Yestertoys as well. Brians is way over priced. I usually look at that as more a very very last resort, like if no one else in the world has any figures left.

This is really nothing new. Brian's "Overpriced" Toys has been a topic of discussion many times here. I won't buy anything new from them. I even boycotted Yestertoys after they started selling Sacul figures. If I can't find it at a store or with help from a friend, I just won't buy it.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!