Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delete this post. Thanks.

Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 09-22-2002 at 01:24 AM.

He's selling them for just over retail, actually less depending on your state tax. So I wouldn't consider him a real scalper. Actually he's doing a pretty nice thing for the people that can't find them in the stores. Besides, how do you know he doesn't have a Hasbro account and is selling them on Ebay at retail?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah maybe, but after you pay that $10.00 shipping it isn't retail.

And I thought TRU's shipping was high.

Yeah, I would have to agree, he's not making any money on these unless he has a wholesale account. It's difficult to call it scalping when there's no profit being made (or if it is, just the normal retail mark-up) and these are sitting on the shelf at my local Wal-Mart for the past week, one out of four still left after 8 days.
    Stupidity should be painful.

Originally posted by Battle Droid

Yeah maybe, but after you pay that $10.00 shipping it isn't retail.

And I thought TRU's shipping was high.
    That's about what it will cost to ship it via USPS Priority Mail or UPS. Who's making money on the shipping, besides the Post Office?

Not everywhere Battle Droid, my local Wal-Mart doesn't have them yet. And some small town Wal-Mart's may only get a case or two. And remeber that alot of people, including Tycho ordered theirs from Wal-Mart on-line. If I recall correctly, Tycho said he spent $14.00 (or more) shipping on the 4 he bought.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ok, I made a mistake at thinking he was a scalper, I'll admit it. I was just assuming, since he had so many.

Exactly, how can it be scalping if you can buy it from him for the same price as they sell it in the stores, AND they are still in the stores (at least, where available). But you can't expect him to eat the cost of shipping when he's not selling at a profit anyways!

Oops, you beat me with the response!!
    Last edited by stad; 09-21-2002 at 11:02 PM.

Originally posted by stad
    Exactly, how can it be scalping if you can buy it from him for the same price as they sell it in the stores, AND they are still in the stores (at least, where available). But you can't expect him to eat the cost of shipping when he's not selling at a profit anyways!

Oops, you beat me with the response!!
    OK to Battle Droids defence, I think it was do to the fact that the A__ H___ Ebay seller has 12 Gunships. If the auction was not over at the time he posted, how would anyone know how much it would go for? $42 LOL, that's what I paid with tax!(Great ship BTW) If the seller bought all of them at a retail store, all he did was waste his time. In fact, he's going to be wasting more time driving to the post office. I LOL at him. Thats my 2 cents
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)