Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Thumbs up Star Wars Universe Theme Park?

Should George Lucas consider opening a Star Wars "The Experience" theme park??? ...Most definitely YES!

I know that there are Star Wars conventions and alot of Star Wars stuff has been donated to the Smithsonian Museum...however I really think that a SW theme park would be great for both SW fans and non-SW fans alike. (Look at the success of DISNEY WORLD in Florida, California, France, Tokyo and what about "STAR TREK: The Experience" in Las Vegas)

A STAR WARS Universe Theme Park could be a place where tourists could feel like they are really touring the Star Wars universe and be a place where fans can come and:

TOUR:
    - The hallways of the Deathstar and see Stormtroopers walking in formation and standing guard
    - The hallways of Cloud City on Bespin
    - The Detention Block
    - Trash Compactor
    - Yoda's Hut on Dagobah
    - Ben's Hut on Tatooine
    - The Carbon Freeze Chamber on Bespin
    - The Jedi Council Chamber on Coruscant
    - The Bridge of Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer
    - Darth Vader's Quarters
    - Jabba's Palace on Tatooine
    - Han and Leia's Hotel suite on Bespin
    - The Emperor's Throne Room
    - All of the ships on Tatooine (i.e. Luke's Landspeeder, T-16 Skyhopper, Sandcrawler)
    - All of the ships in the Rebel Base on Hoth / Rebel Hangar (i.e. Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, Snowspeeder, A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing)
    - See all of the Beasts in SW Universe (Tauntaun, Rancor, Wampa, Bantha, etc...)
    - All of the ships in the DeathStar Hangar (i.e. Shuttle Tyderium, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber, Tie Advance, Tie Fighter)
    - The Landing Platform on Endor (i.e. AT-AT, AT-ST, and Speederbikes)

EAT AND BE ENTERTAINED AT:
    - The Mos Eisley Cantina
    - Other Restaurants on Coruscant, Alderaan, Tatooine, Naboo etc...

SEE THE REINACTMENTS OF:
    - Stormtroopers on Tatooine Patrol
    - Darth Vader and his Snowtroopers storming the Rebel Base on Hoth
    - The Trash Compactor Scene
    - Luke's escape from Wampa Cave on Hoth
    - The Battle of Hoth
    - The Sarlaac Pit
    - Space Battle from Star Wars - A New Hope (Expanded on Movie Screen)
    - Bespin Escape
    - Space Battle from Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (Expanded on Movie Screen)
    - The Battle on Endor
    - Luke and Darth Vader's duel on Bespin
    - Darth Vader's meeting with the Bounty Hunter's
    - The Emperor's Arrival to DeathStar II
    - Han Solo getting frozen in Carbonite on Bespin
    - Luke training with Yoda on Dagobah
    - Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul Duel on Naboo
    - Mos Eisley Cantina showdown
    - Han Solo, Chewbacca meet Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker in Cantina
    - The destruction of Alderaan
    - The Detention Block rescue
    - Bikerscouts on Patrol on Endor
    - Luke surrender to Vader on Endor
    - Luke and Darth Vader's duel in the Emperor's throne room

RIDE:
    - Various roller-costers / rides, and 3-D presentations like STAR TOURS at MGM Studios in Florida

PURCHASE AND DRESS LIKE THEIR FAVORITE CHARACTER WITH:
    - Official Star Wars replica movie props (i.e. lightsaber hilts, blasters, gaffy sticks etc..)
    - Official Star Wars replica costumes (i.e. Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Boba Fett etc...)
    - Any Star Wars toy (including vintage stuff) ever released by Hasbro

GIVE FANS A CHANCE TO PLAY IN REINACTMENT (COOL):
    - Fans (in costume) could be filmed against a blue screen and then digitally replace characters in the original movie...thus creating their own custom movie scene.

MEET:
    - Their favorite character in the Star Wars universe...by having guest appearances by the actors / actresses who appeared in the movies
    - The creative staff...again by having guest appearances by the various people who were / are involved in the production of the SW movies

Anyway, please let me know what all of you SW fans think of my idea and whether you think that George should seriously consider it and pursue it someday. I'm certain I speak for all of the SW fans around the world when I say that I would LOVE to have place like this to go and get lost in the SW universe!

I'd love to see it...

...but if it doesn't happen, I'd like to see a chain of Mos Eisley Cantinas (not too many of them - maybe something on the order of the number of Hard Rock Cafes or Planet Hollywoods), with staff in-costume as the aliens and real memorabilia on the walls and ceilings, a small gift shop with some cool exclusives, and SW movies playing on strategically located big-screens throughout the restaurant.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Re: I'd love to see it...

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    ...but if it doesn't happen, I'd like to see a chain of Mos Eisley Cantinas (not too many of them - maybe something on the order of the number of Hard Rock Cafes or Planet Hollywoods), with staff in-costume as the aliens and real memorabilia on the walls and ceilings, a small gift shop with some cool exclusives, and SW movies playing on strategically located big-screens throughout the restaurant.
    I'd like to see that happen but not the staff in costumes as aliens.
    The only thing is is what kind of food would they serve?

re: "what kind of food would they serve?"

Why not good ol' Americana, with a sprinking of maybe Tex-Mex?

You could always drip a few out-of-character drops of food coloring into the various dishes to make, like Green tortillas chips or blue rice, etc..
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Well we're dreaming here, so I'll dream big - ROLLER COASTERS!

OK, I am a roller coaster loon and I'd like to see this get set up like Disneyland with all the different lands and worlds, but feature coasters as strong as Six Flags Theme Parks.

Hoth will include 3 life-size AT-AT's and snow caves. The roller coaster cars will be snowspeeders, either 2 in front, and 2 facing backwards, or just one rider in each position. There will be 3 different tracks, so that you could fly different attack patterns and also each time you rode the ride, it could be different, for up to 6 combinations. The ride will also take you through dark caves where probots hide like in the Rebel Assault video game. A wampa wouldn't hurt for scenery, too. To make it more elaborate, laser tag components could register "hits" from weapons on board and give you a score....

Tatooine would have a real life pod race through roller coaster tracks (obviously low to the ground) but you control the speed. The coaster ride should be scary enough that you can back off the throttle if you can't take it - or pour it on to win it all!

There would also be a Sarlaac battle sequence with a one-person track ride with a hangle bar in front representing a green lightsaber. You flip from skiff to skiff and knock down stand-up enemies, and finally slice into Jabba's Sail Barge itself, until you see aliens and then blow the place with "safe" pyrotechnics. This could also work as the main stunt show if a coaster ride seems impractical - its the hardest one to pull off, and control long lines..

Endor should have a speederbike ride similar to how the Batman ride hands from a track above. They just strap you in good to the bike, and lock you in with shoulder bars. Obstacles include life-size ATST's.

The Death Star Trench Run can let people choose X-wings, Y-wings, TIE Fighters, or Vader's ship. Again, a long obstacle course ride, with laser tag components. Additionally, people waiting in line can man the turbo lasers and see how many points they can get!

The Depths of Naboo can be a real underwater submarine rollercoaster ride (similar to Disney's sub ride) and visitors dodge Colo Claw Fish and Sando Aqua Monsters (you dodge the Opee in the gift shop).

There can be an N-1 flight simulator, where pilots can fly against each other, some controlling the droid fighter ships.

On Bespin, you can take a wild ride in a Cloud Car, through the special edition.

A 'space mountain ride' can pit Jango Fett's Slave-One against Obi-Wan's starfighter ship.

Coruscant's Tour de Force will let fans take a wild ride in Anakin's speeder, or Zam Wessels.

A water ride on Kamino plunges people above and below the surface on a thrashing Thranta beast.

In the Kids Fun Park, you ride in bumper-car AAT Tanks that shoot balls at Pop-Up Gungans. A climbing toy simulates levels in the Death Star that you can rope-swing across, tumble into the "fun balls" such as they were garbage in the trash compactor, etc. and laser tag guns are permitted! In the house of mirrors, you can become your own army of clone troopers.

Restaurants would include fine dinning sea food at Theed Palace, Otah Gunga, and Cloud City, Cajun Delight on Dagobah, Ewok BBQ, Aunt Beru's Blue MilkShake Stand, the Mos Eisley Cantina for a buffet food, Jabba's Fatburgers, Shmi's Snackstand, and Watto's Wings N Things.

I mean this could go on and on. It would be my dream come true. I'd buy a season pass even if this place was out of state!

wow Tycho!

some of your roller coaster ideas are truly inspired. I could really see a park doing the Hoth one, except maybe not the multiple tracks part, for cost reasons. Your Death Star trench coaster idea is great, too. If it were a conventional "train" of roller coaster cars, each car could alternate from VaderTiE to X-Wing to VaderTIE, etc... so you were always "chasing" the other ship.

Great Stuff! Maybe you ought to find a way to protect the concept so if it were used you could claim some financial compensation. Then again, maybe Lucas would have something to say about that!
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Wait, if these coasters are Six Flags Magic Molehill-themed, then shouldn't the themed coasters only be theme in as much as the queue area (the line) should have one or two themed props and the ride itself have nothing to do with the theme except maybe the ride is painted in the theme's colors? I'm picturing a Hoth coaster that's got a small snowspeeder and AT-AT in the queue, and the ride itself is painted white and that's IT.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sheesh, JT!....

who ****ed in YOUR rice crispies?

(j/k!!!)
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

JediTricks is right about how some of Six Flaggs rides are - they are the world's greatest roller coasters right now, but a Star Wars park could show them how to be even better!

I'm not suggesting that Six Flaggs makes the Star Wars park, though. It could be a lot better as an INDEPENDENT operation!

If we wanted to expand, add in the INDIANA JONES lands:

The Mine Car Chase from the Temple of Doom!

The River Rapids crazy water ride - where your raft launches from a (simulated) airplane first!

Anything Goes live performance stunt show and dinner at the Club Obi-Wan.

Steal the Sacred Idol obstacle course competition (with safer booby traps for a theme park)

Nepal's Asian Cousine restaurant, bar, and stunt show.

1,000,000 live rats petting zoo.

Seriously, a House of Reptiles and more in a real zoo.

Race Through Venice boat ride.

A secret chambers Austrian Castle for kids to play hide-and-seek.

Red Baron airial dog fighting coaster.

Adolf Hitler picture and autograph lines.

Panzer Tank ride with tennis ball cannons (shoot simulated al-Queda members riding camels).

Holy Grail drink stops and ice cream cones.

A German restuarant.

An Italian one.

Middle Eastern food at Sallah's Cafe.

What else?

[some of these ideas were serious, and seriously cool at that I hope, some of these ideas were not].