Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post WHAT you found & WHERE in the title!

Hey guys read Steve's note at the top of the forums.

Post like this:

Electronic Jango- SanDiego, CA

Lott Dodd Wave-Denver, CO

If you want to have some kind of local collector club, go to the clubs section.

People coming here want to easily track stuff as it spreads across the country.

I don't want to spend time comparing 3-4 pages of Pennsylvania finds with that of New York.

I don't care if you found a Lego item for instance. I don't collect those.

I want to see in the SUBJECT / TITLE what it is that I am looking for.

If this stuff hits LA for one last example, I don't want to read through all the LA collectors discussions. I just want to see:

Lott Dodd Wave, Los Angeles Target, CA. - then I'll read the thread if I want more info, or just start hitting my Target in San Diego.

Why is that so hard to post like that?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What's with the attitude!

People have been replying this way for quite some time, and now you decide to add your two cents after some 2047 posts. Maybe other people took what Steve said a bit differently. If the powers that be do not mind weeding through hundreds of different topics, then so be it. But let's here it from Steve. I don't know who you are, nor do I care. Your tone sucks, and I personally will continue to post as I have been. If that requires you to do a little research to see how things "spread across the country", then so be it.

And you suggested that I have the attitude?

Steve can settle this if he cares to, but he did post his guidelines for this forum to make it easier for everyone to use. Everyone ignored them.

It's fine to let the majority rule. The forums here are for you guys.

What sucks is that distribution is normally last in San Diego (except Target).

So no one will care whether I participate in this forum or not, I'm sure. That's fine if I get hit in the face I suppose. I'll go nurse my wound.

But different product names would be about only as numerous as everyone's different city names.

But sure: who the hell am I to make a suggestion that might make everyone's life a little easier?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Can't we all just get along? Instead of getting your panties in a bunch?

Hey, ASU. Don't jump on Tycho, I find the way that it's supposed to be posted a hell of alot more conveniant then vague titles that seem to permiate the area. I've pretty much given up on checking here to see if anything new is out in my area, because you have to dig thru posts of: "I Found Lott Dod" then opening the thread to find out it was found on the other side of the country from you. He's right that this should be for "Just Found" news, and collecting chat should go in "Collector's Clubs".

Tycho was trying to make this section better by reminding people what Steve wanted to see in here. So don't jump his behind for it. If people posted things the proper way in here, maybe the "Just Found" section of the forums wouldn't be such a mess. Good tips Tycho, the people that want to help others will use them. The people that don't care will complain. Don't feel bad cause people don't like suggestions.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by SirSteve
    We really need to get this section some kind of organization. So, here is what I put together:

Please do not start "Have you found.." threads in here. This section are for STAR WARS item(s), JUST FOUND.

In the Subject field, enter the State and what you found. ie.

FL - Eeth Koth Wave!

Then in the message area, you can post the city and what store you found the item(s) in. It would also help if it is a really new item that you provide a scan of the reciept for verification (if possible). The reason why I ask this is because I scan this section for newly released items so I can post it in the news section but I will not post it unless I can verify it.

These few guidelines will make this section better.

Thank You

You only have to put what you found and the state you found it in for the main topic. Honestly, I don't think we can really force you to follow these rules, but it would be greatly appreciated if you did. This would make searching for certain items by people in your particular area easier.

You know what? You all are right. My apologies to you Tycho. Re-reading the post I can now see a different tone to it. It is matter-of-fact, rather than ****ing/moaning, which is how it felt yesterday (being a day with a problem which I fired today, so now I'm all better!!). Tycho tends to space his text out, which felt like a brow-beating technique like
    THIS
    IS
    HOW
    I
    WANT
    IT!!!!

If you re-read it as well maybe you can see it from that p.o.v.. Who knows? Anyway; if that's how you want it, great!

I personally use this forum to find out who has received what in my area, so I know where to go/look. When everyone starts their own/new topic, like not so long ago, you paged down sometimes three of four pages before hitting the previous days posts, which I believe (Lord Malakite) makes it easier to miss something.

No wounds to lick. The Tycho/JarJar combo are pretty much the main sources of info here. I do not agree with alot of what you say, but I appreciate what you do. Just remember when you post to do so with respect. As all of us should!

Lastly, (a**-kissing moment here) no harm, no foul. I would mind

Amen-everyone should move their "group" threads to the collector club area-we did for Orlando. I look in here to see where the gunship is out at and I cannot find it. It would be much better here if everyone changed their postiing habits like Tycho suggested.
    Wakarimasen
    Jedi

I'll try and lead the revolution by example. Check back in the main listing for this forum. There will be toys you'll want to find out where you can get them!

If everybody posted where they found stuff with a new thread everytime, there would be an overrun of new threads.

Personally I like the way it is working now, with the different states have their own threads. But that's just me.
    Powdered Toast Man!