Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a Star Case that a AOTC Deluxe set will fit into?

Is there a Star Case that the deluxe sets will fit into? I heard that the Starting Line up sets are about the same size. Does Hasbro make SL?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Hasbro does, or at least did, make Starting Lineups until the line was cancelled last year.
    Stupidity should be painful.

Thanks Stad, that answers one question. There has to be someone here that has at least tried it.
    (Like my posts)

Can't say for certain,
    but I DID see a guy selling the Masters of the Darkside 2 pack in a case, I think it said Starting Lineup on the bottom corner.

Might that piece be similar in size to the AOTC Deluxe sets ?

I have all of my Deluxe carded figures in cases. Some, like the Nexu and the EP1 Electronics, will only fit in Protech's SLU 3 cases. All other regular sized ones will fit in the regular SLU case by Protech. If you are in the market, I recommend you check out:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/neuwheels

Send an email to John there and ask if he has any.

However, I personally prefer the Protector SLU cases by Jake's Toy Chest at www.jakestoychest.com

They are more sturdy and don't have that damn "Starting Line Up" insignia to sully your Star Wars figure

Hope that helps.

J

Thanks alot JangoFart, you have been a great help. Jake is out of stock until Nov 20th on the SLU's. Do the Deluxe fit in the SLU cases well, I mean do that fit like they were designed for them? What about the SLU3 for Nexu? Does he fit well also?
    (Like my posts)

The Deluxes fit perfectly into the SLU's - just like they were designed for them. The Nexu and other FAT ones, Luke Bacta, don't fit into the SLU 3's as well, but they fit well enough. (The SLU 3's are the perfect width, but they are about 1/2 inch too tall for the Deluxe cards. But, they will keep your stuff protected and straight.

Also, the old SOTE 2-packs (Vader/Xizor and Fett/IG-88) fit perfectly in the "Doubles" cases sold by Jakes. Check 'em out.

J

The good thing about Jake's SLU's is that they fit damn-near everything not on the standard card. All of the POTF2, EP1, POTJ, and Saga Deluxes fit into them. (Except the obviously huge ones like the Luke Bacta, Nexu, etc. But, as I recall, in the whole series of Deluxes, there's only like 4 that won't fit.) That means that the new deluxes from Target, the Yoda, the 3PO; they all fit great.

I have gotten creative and put the Princess Leia Collection in SLU cases - height of card is perfect, almost an inch too narrow, though; the Vader/Luke 2-Pack from the board game - turn it sideways, it fits and looks great; EP1 Maul Trophy series - nearly an identical card to the Leia ones.

I'll post a couple of shots to show you how they look.

In this pic, you can see the Arena and Death Star accessory sets and the Yoda deluxe fit great. (BTW: it's impossible to not get a glare w/ those cases )

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09220003.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	4032  

This one shows the front of the Luke Bacta in one of the SLU3's.

J

Name:	09220011.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	4033  

And in this one you can see the Luke/Vader 2-Pack, Maul Trophy, and Leia Collection.

J

Name:	09220007.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	4034