Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Aren't they getting these ready for next May? Celebration II, Midnite Madness II, Episode II...I can hardly wait.....

...to be microwaved alive!!! (yeesh.)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Just equip the police with cell phones. Activate them all and there'll be enough microwave radiation to fry a football stadium full of people.

Water cannons were bad enough, this is just silly. Not to mention more radiation burning holes in the ozone layer. I'm not an especially active environmental campaigner but this just seems like wanton destruction to me. And isn't crowd control supposed to be non destructive? "Let's just split this crowd by blowing them limb from limb" I can see that being the next step.

Yeah, this is really getting out of control

So, I'm wondering, if I wear reflective mylar will it deflect? (preferrably back at the source!)

If I wear aluminum foil will I start to project arc lightning in all directions, like that time I left the fork on my plate when I microwaved my spaghetti one day?
    (hey, this could be cool!!)
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 10-28-2001 at 10:11 AM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

More like "Set phasers on 'Nuke'!"

The very notion that someone would do this is ridiculously ghastly. Is the designer of this thing trying to win the coveted "mad scientist of the year" award?!? And why not super/subsonics instead of radiation?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

why not super/subsonics instead of radiation?

JT - my physics background isn't all that strong, but I'm pretty sure the wavelenghts of sound waves at any frequency are longer than microwaves, and the main point of the microwaves was the ability to control their depth of skin penetration down to .3 mm. I know they use sound waves to pulverize kidney stones, but I don't think they can control the penetration of tissue down to as low a level as m-waves.

However, you may have given us a preview of some new battlefield weapon - a directed ultrasonic beam that pulverizes our bones and organs. Can you imagine that used in combat? A beam sweeps across, and a whole division of troops just ploop into Jell-O-ish skin-bags full of powdered bones and soupy ex-organs?
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 10-28-2001 at 11:50 AM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Yeah, but if we're going to invent nasty little weapons like that, then we might as well stop debating nuclear missles. I mean, if we're going to start war like men, than let's fight like men. I say let's even eliminate the machine gun. Amass armys dressed in armor wielding shields and swords and let's do this the right way. Whoever walks away from the blood-covered battlefield wins. THAT'S when men were men. Microwave beams from airplanes!?!?? We might as well start wearing panties.

Swaffy, that's true that there are weapons being worked on right now concerning directed ultrasonics that could liquify people if harnessed properly, but I was simply thinking of the stun factor of harnessed sound waves in various levels that wouldn't nuke someone or liquify them. Kinda defeats the purpose of a peace rally if you kill all the peaceniks on live TV.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Yeah, this is really getting out of control

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    So, I'm wondering, if I wear reflective mylar will it deflect? (preferrably back at the source!)

If I wear aluminum foil will I start to project arc lightning in all directions, like that time I left the fork on my plate when I microwaved my spaghetti one day?(hey, this could be cool!!)
    Wouldn't that be more dangerous than what it is to begin with?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Emp. Howdy has the right idea. If there has to be a war do it like a man not like a panty wearing sissy behind a desk pushing buttons.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."