Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Star Wars restaurant (what kind of food?)

Imagine that a Star Wars themed restaurant is going to be opened and that all the menu items are going to be named after characters, ships, places, etc, from the films and EU.

What food do you think would correspond with each character? Here's some of my ideas:

Jabba: an enormous dessert item, preferably for two or more
    Chewbacca: a hot fudge sundae
    Palpatine: a Long Island Iced Tea
    Jar Jar: chicken fingers
    Amidala: Black Forest cake
    Anakin: kids' hot dog platter
    Shmi: meatloaf
    Luke: hamburger
    Leia: chicken sandwich
    Han: steak
    Momaw Nadon: salad
    Mara: a very unassuming, very potent alcoholic beverage
    Jawas: shots
    Twi'leks: margaritas (different flavors that are yellow, red, green, and blue)
    Qui-Gon: baked chicken
    Obi-Wan: coffee
    Lando: Colt 45
    Tommy, close your eyes.

El Chuxter brings up an interesting concept with this thread. A concept which we must, to a man, bend our wills to PREVENT! A Star Wars themed restraunt would do more to destroy the magic of the Star Wars saga than the entire Expanded Universe, the Droids and Ewoks cartoons, two Ewok television movies, the alterations to Greedo's (ANH) confrontation with Han and Luke's (ESB) fall at Bespin, and the expanded musical number (ROTJ)from the Special Editions, and Jar Jar Binks combined!

In all seriousness, I thought Han Solo would be a good name for a hot fudge sundae (puts you in mind of the white shirt and black vest), though he does make a good steak name choice.

In the adult beverage category, don't forget the very potent "Jedi Mind Trick", the equally potent "Hammerhead", and the devistating "Death Star".

Then there's the infamous "Padme", an entree on the menu that turns out to be just the "Queen Amidalla", another menu item in disguise!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I think that perhaps instead of naming the food after characters, or in addition to doing so, they should search EU books for actual names of food people eat in the SW Universe. For example, you could call regular steak "nerf steak", "dewback steak", and have "traladon ribs" and "Alderaanian ale". Can anyone else think of any examples?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Hmmm...Chewie would be like a chips ahoy!!
    As always...........L

Re: Star Wars restaurant (what kind of food?)

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    What food do you think would correspond with each character? Here's some of my ideas:

Palpatine: a Long Island Iced Tea
    Qui-Gon: baked chicken
    I have to disagree with you man. Qui-Gon should be some kind of shiskabob or something with a toothpick through it like a club sandwich and Palpatine should be a glass of prune juice.

I have a cookbook somewhere at home that has a bunch of SW related recipies. They are usually something that rhymes like Wookie Cookies and Yoda Soda. I think there's a recipe for Princess Leia cinnamon buns too(you know, like her hair).

I would add in Chocobi-wan milk in honor of the magic shelled one.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Exclamation

Jar-Jar: Mahi Mahi
    R2-D2: 2 ribs and 2 duck wings (? ?)
    Darth Maul: half chicken
    Luke Skywalker: white whine, ur, wine
    Han Solo: one piece of ham
    Chewbacca: bubble gum (chewing...? )
    Salacious Crumb: crumb cake
    Bib Fortuna: lobster (bib...? )
    Malakili: pegwarmer (sorry...)
    Sarlaac: cherries (pits...? )
    Dianoga: spaghetti
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Jar Jar Binks = French Fries
    Darth Vader = Black strong coffee
    Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru = Two burnt stakes

Emperor Palpatine = Bitter Lemon Coffee

Chewbacca = Ice cream with Black/brown topping with hair
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs down

Originally posted by GNT
    Chewbacca = Ice cream with Black/brown topping with hair
    Your restaurant's not gonna do too well with hair in the food, GNT!
    I'd forgotten about the BBQ for the Larses, too!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Your restaurant's not gonna do too well with hair in the food, GNT!
    No one would notice
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious