Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i think this thing looks awesome, and if i ever get any money, i will have it... i was really considering getting the x-wing and tie interceptor - but this is just amazing!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

It would be awesome if they made the Mon Calamari Cruiser later to be its counterpart.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    [
    If I can figure out a place to put it, this WILL be mine. It looks like a VERY good set.
    [/B]

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having also! I can't think of any place that I have now that would do it justice, display-wise.

As far as price goes, yes, it is pretty steep. But at over 3,000 pieces, that comes out to about 9 cents a piece (less since it's over 3,000).

If your considering waiting, I would remind you that the UCS x-Wing debuted at 99.99 and went up to 149.99 (the other sets have gone on sale since, but not the X-Wing).

I'm trying to lower my credit card debt. Hasbro and LEGO aren't helping .
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Yeah, that really is pretty cheap when you think about it.

I can't even think of one spot in my apt that would be big enough to hold it except the bathroom. I don't even have space in the kitchen! The more I think about it, the more daunting the task of making space for this becomes - but perhaps it's worth the effort.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

my major concern is the TIME factor! 3000 pieces... when will i ever finish this thing! and it will take a lot more space while being assembled than afterwards for display puposes... ah, i still want it, though...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I did get the Rebel Blockade Runner when it went on sale at Target and I can't say enough good things about it. The Star estroyer looks to be just as good if not better. So do you preorder it hoping for a lower price, or wait until it goes on sale and risk not getting one? Decisions, decisions . . .
    It may be the early bird that gets the worm,
    but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

i don't have the blockade runner, although if i get the job at TRU i applied for its gonna be one of my first purchases
    the star destroyer i'll be gettting, be it on layaway or all at once
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

The mini-vehicle blockade runner is cute, but pretty basic. You can see it in the lego.com flash show about it (which is amusing as heck). If I don't get the UCS star destroyer, I won't feel like my mini-vehicle collection is suffering.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

it is really nifty though. its a neat way for the lego line to go. better chance of seeing all the capital ships get made, and not have to spend an arm and/or leg to get them
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D