Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

UCS Star Destroyer

I found this news on the OS this morning. I can't wait!

starwars.com Collecting News Article

LEGO Ultimate Collector Star Destroyer
    September 23, 2002

Experienced the full might of the Empire's powerful warship with LEGO's upcoming Ultimate Collectors series Imperial Star Destroyer set. With over 3,000 bricks, this is the biggest LEGO kit ever sold. When completed, the Star Destroyer is almost a meter (three feet) long. The set comes complete with a display stand and placard.

Based on the design of the Devastator, Darth Vader's Star Destroyer in Episode IV, the vessel includes a mini-model of the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's Rebel blockade runner seen at the start of A New Hope. The blockade runner, only available with the Star Destroyer, is the first of an upcoming collection of similar-sized mini-vehicles.

The introductory launch price of this set is $269.99, and it is available for pre-order at LEGO's official site here for release in November. Act now, as this launch price only lasts until January.

News: Episode I DVD: From Script to Screen
    News: LEGO Ultimate Collector Star Destroyer
    News: French Lucasfilm Magazine #37
    Jedi Council: Ep III teasers on DVD?

News: LEGO Special Edition Naboo Starfighter
    News: LEGO Writing System
    News: Toy Fair 2002: LEGO Lineup
    News: Early 2002 LEGO Round-Up

Empire, the
    Imperial Star Destroyer
    Solo, Princess Leia Organa
    Tantive IV (Rebel blockade runners)
    Vader, Darth
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Wow,This sounds great!I've always wanted a Star Destroyer in Lego form.I cant wait to get my hands on one,although the price tag is a bit steep,but is most likely worth it.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I'm seriously considering on getting this one since I didn't get the RBR.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

its huge and ridciulous.
    i love it naturally.
    i only hope i can scrape up 300 bones when it comes out
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

it looks like it will be worth it to me.
    i wonder what the other small scale ships will be.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

"Grandma, christmas is coming soon..."

If I can figure out a place to put it, this WILL be mine. It looks like a VERY good set.

I'm impressed with the concept of the mini-vehicle line, that should be fantastic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It is real nice, the price tag is a bit eh... Even though its most likely worth it, thats a lot to drop all of the sudden. I'll probably end up getting it though, lay-a-way is your friend

What will the price be after "the launch price ends in January" ?
    Selling it that high, then marking it up is ludicrous
    Fig's I need: MOMC
    *Masters Of The Universe
    - Merman, Man at Arms, bs skeletor, bs heman (gold and silver)
    *Justice League
    - black Batman, black Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian ManHunter
    (email me enigmatrc@hotmail.com with MotU/JL in the subject. thanks!)

I was wondering the same thing Darth Forb1us -- LEGO is not usually one to sell kits at such extreme cases -- unless they are something really special. The Blockade Runner is $199.99 -- this is still HIGH, and I have not gotten it yet. ALSO -- They have a Statue of Liberty that I would love to add to my collection that is also $199.99. HOWEVER THIS IS THE BIGGEST SET EVER!! And the detail is AWSOME. The little mini ships would look GREAT around a center piece like this. If they are going to start a mini-ship collection, who is to say that they wont come out with a USC Death Star II from ROTJ -- with a mini Shuttle Tydirium?? That would be SWEET !! I will have to get this set -- might have to put the wedding on hold for a month -- haha!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Actually a huge picture is up right now that includes different angles of it at StarWars.com. Looks great, and considering the size of some recognizable pieces there, it's easy to imagine the mass of this thing, and it'll be huge. Though I'm not gonna get very excited about it, it'll probably be $200-300.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"