Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Smile SSG Fantasy Hockey League

Our Fantasy Football leauge has been fun so far(even though I'm on the verge of going 0-3). I was considering starting a fantasy hockey league on Yahoo.

My goal is to have 8 or 10 teams.

This season should be pretty exciting with some of the rule changes.

So, come on hockey fans, I know you're out there.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I would love too, but even fantast hockey can't get me into hockey. Sorry
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

If you don't have a Yahoo ID, you will need to get one. They are free.

I'll create a league and give you the info.

Once you create your team, you can either rank the players yourself or have use the default rankings. If you pre-rank the players yourself, make sure you rank at least 150.

When eveyone is ready, there will be an "auto-draft" that picks the teams according to how everyone ranks the players on their respective lists. After the teams are chosen, you can add, drop, and trade players.

Each week, you go against another team. There are 10 statistical categories. You get a point for each category you lead.

Each team will have:
    2 Left Wings
    2 Right Wings
    2 Centers
    4 Defencemen
    2 Goalies
    3 Bench players (can be any position)

Sign me up Rogue II.

I am pretty sure that I can follow my fantasy league closely this year because I haven't gone back to school (yet)! I am very excited and psyched about the upcoming season (even though the Buffalo Sabres will suck even more this year). There will hopefully be new rule changes that will speed up the game, and hoepfully open up play to allow more scoring. A couple of greats have retired (including Hasek) and a couple of players have changed teams (Guerin, Cujo). Just think, it'll be the first time since 1968 that Scotty Bowman has not been coaching in the NHL.

I already have an ID registered on Yahoo, yet for some reason I cannot access my E-mail. Is a Yahoo E-mail address a necessity?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

You do not need to use a yahoo e-mail address.

I'm hoping that interference/obstruction rule change will free up some of the faster players on the Sabres (Maxium Afinaginov, Satan, Connelly, etc.) and let them get some goals. Hey, I can dream.

Originally posted by Rogue II
    You do not need to use a yahoo e-mail address.

I'm hoping that interference/obstruction rule change will free up some of the faster players on the Sabres (Maxium Afinaginov, Satan, Connelly, etc.) and let them get some goals. Hey, I can dream.
    The rule changes could help those players offensive games indeed, but it could hurt the team as a whole. The team is low on talent, and often those types of teams employ the "hook and grab" as a means to contain the other star-studded teams. But the Sabres scored 6 goals vs. the Senators on Saturday, who knows what this crackdown will do for them?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Everything I've read says this rule change should really help Satan have a career year. He had 2 of those 6 goals vs. Ottowa.

Rogue II,

Got a suggestion for ya. Either post a link to this thread, or a normal post if you will (since you do have a link on your signature) in the Just Found Canada Section of the forums and I betcha we'll get a lot of responses.

Don't ask me why, I just have a hunch that it'll work.

P.S. I'll get a link for this thread on my signature too, in a jiffy

I don't know, the Just Found Canada section looks pretty dead.

Do Canadians really like hockey?