Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transformers: Go Bots

As I'm sitting at my computer I just saw a commerical for Transformers Go Bots by Playskool. Why is transformers using the name of another popular transforming robot toy line of the 80's? It just seems like a strange choice of a name for the Transfomers line.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Tonka produced Go-Bots in this country before Hasbro released Transformers, rumor says that Hasbro was a wee bit jealous of the attention Go-Bots initially received and decided to crush them (whatever happened to healthy competition?). Hasbro eventually got the Go-Bots line the same way they got the Star Wars line, they bought Tonka in the early '90s. Ever since, Hasbro has used the Go-Bots name in many demeaning ways, and this is no exception.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

to tell the true i hated the go-bots. they all looked stupied.

I liked the Go Bots when I was a kid. The cartoon was cool too. They where cheaper so I was able to get more of those more often. I mean my dad and mom wasn't going to buy me a $20.00 Starscream every time we went to the store, but a $4.00 Go Bot was doable .

Anyway, I've also noticed that Primes minicom partners name is Leader One. Wich was the leader of the good guy Go Bots. Plus, there are a few more similarities in the minicons to go bots. Review your go bots and watch Armada and you'll see.

Silly Hasbro, trying to take over the world one toy brand at a time .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Actually Prime's minicon is named Sparkplug. Megatron's is Leader-One. Sparkplug was mistakenly referred to as Leader-1 in last weeks Armada episode. It's just one of the many little mistakes that have ruined that show already.

What vehicle is sparkplug? I've never seen an Armada episode so I don't.

Wasn't Leader-One the good guy Go-Bot and a F-15? And wasn't Cy-Kill the bad guy Go-Bot and a Motorcycle?

Just trying to refresh the memory.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    What vehicle is sparkplug? I've never seen an Armada episode so I don't.

Wasn't Leader-One the good guy Go-Bot and a F-15? And wasn't Cy-Kill the bad guy Go-Bot and a Motorcycle?

Just trying to refresh the memory.
    You got the Go Bots right. I'm not sure what vehicle spark plug is.

So, if the cartoon was wrong where did you get the right info from? I hope it wasn't the toy becasue we all know Hasbro has been known to make mistakes befor. I guess the comic could be considered fact, but what makes that any more correct than the cartoon. Hey, I don't know I'm just thinking out loud.

I agree that the new cartoon is a bit weak. I wish they'd of picked up where the G1 comic picked up. Oh, well If wishes came true........
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

icatch9, Sparkplug is a yellow Lamborghini Diablo. Adam is totally correct about the Armada 'toon borfing Sparkplug's name, not only does the Hasbro literature show it to be "Sparkplug" and Megatron's minicon to be "Leader-One", but show had already called Megs' Minicon "Leader-One" in the pilot episode VERY clearly. Hasbro is the one naming these things, the cartoon gets the character designs and names and roles from Hasbro.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh man, and I thought last week's ep was bad! This one, it seemed like the voice director, writer, and animation director all had different scripts. Characters were referring to Starscream as finally appearing on the scene when he had warped in with them from the lunar base, characters were unclear as to whom they were referring to, at one point, they even called Red Alert "Prime"!!! Tons of plot holes and a wafer-thin plot that really seems to follow the same exact thing over and over, this show is garbage and shouldn't even be concluded.

Axe it! I will have to settle for the G1 Transformers game coming out next year to get my TF fix.