Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSL

DSL

So I finally joined the 21st century and got DSL a few weeks ago. Not onlly is it finally available in my area, but because it took so long to get here, it is affordable as well. About 30.00 a month total charge.

Now when I download music...I can listen to the song while it downloads and the download gets done before the song finishes. I downloaded the trailer for "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" in 8 minutes, but I could also play it in streaming video straight from the 'site. Surfing the net is a whole lot faster except...

SSG doesn't load any faster. What's up with that?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Congrats man. I just got my dsl hookup a few weeks ago as well. Mine is pricey, 50 bucks, but I'm getting a sweet deal. I'm one of only two people where I live that are using the local DSLAM. Which happens to also be right across the road from me. I signed up for a 256kbs connection but I'm currently getting 1.5mbs upstream and 512kbs downstream!

On my cable modem I am averaging 2100 kb/s at 7:45 AM.
    Go to pcpitstop.com and test your speed and report back.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I have DSL as well and I LOBVE the internet speed!
    it's so cool that if I download a whole cd it only takes me about 20 mins to do so (of course I still buy some )
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

my dsl measured 3013 kbs
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    my dsl measured 3013 kbs
    WHAT??? That sounds more like a T1 or T3 line to me.

Err.... that's amazing considering the fastest speed dsl is capable of is 1.5mbs. Now ADSL could go that fast and so could anything above cable. Are you sure that you have a dsl connection? That just doesn't compute.

I wonder if the site that measures is working correctly?
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I have Bell South Fast Access DSL. They just installed it yesterday. I have fiber optic lines, and I paid out the *** for the installation. So it OUGHT to go 10 mb a second.....

I don't know if it is true or not, but that is what the site says. I do know that every page I go to loads virtually instantly.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Heh Heh, I used to sell DSL for AOL for Bell South users at the telemarketing job I had. Boy I tell you....hee hee...some people should not even be let near a computer.
    MWHAHAHAHA!