Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Sweet! Thanks for the info JarJar!

I'll be buying this!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Get ready to groan:

The Star Wars Insider reported that for an upcoming Superman movie, Hayden Christiansen is going for the role of Clark Kent!

Noooooo! That's impossible!

To me, and I AM a fan of Hayden Christiansen's performance as Anakin Skywalker, I hate the idea of anyone other than Tom Welling playing the role of Clark Kent.

Hayden is so wrong for that role it's not even funny. That half-Canadian -sort of Chicago accent of his does not at all sound like Superman!

Next, Natalie Portman will be playing Lana Lang.

CK: "Pa Kent is holding me back! He's Jealous! It's not fair!"

LL: "Well Clark, I think that Count Dooku is behind it."

The best news is that they could cast Chris Hollis (Lobot) as Lex Luthor. Rumor is, he's still as bald as he was in 1980!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm sorry, I think I just had a stroke, that's the only way I can explain how I thought I just read Hayden wanted to play Supes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I'm sorry, I think I just had a stroke, that's the only way I can explain how I thought I just read Hayden wanted to play Supes.

Yup, JT:

It's true. It's in print in the current SW Insider.

There are a few other actors vying for the role:

Brenden Faser

Paul Walker

Matthew Bomer

and then there's Hayden.

I don't know who any of the other guys are, but why isn't Tom Welling going for the role?

I'm just about to write him a letter!

He can film the movie around Smallville's shooting schedule, or is some other producer-director team trying to capitalize on Smallville's popularity while not admitting its success, and thereby using all their own cast to say "We can do it just as well?"

They should be shot!

Yeah it should be Tom Welling and no one else. I know he portrays Clark in his teen years but I think Tom is around 28yrs. old so there is no reason he couldn't pull it off.

The rest of the actors just don't have the look. Especially Hayden and Paul Walker. Can you even picture Paul Walker in the Superman costume That would be the equivilant of having Keanu Reeves playing Batman.

Out of all the actors Tycho mentioned the only one who does have the look is Matthew Bomer but I've never seen any of his work so I have no idea if he's a talented actor. Overall I'm not very hopeful that this movie will be any good since Warner Brothers seems intent on attaching a big name to the role rather than going for someone the fans will appreciate like Tom.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”